Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ilford xp2, Fed-3, Jupiter-12
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Ilford xp2, Fed-3, Jupiter-12 Reply with quote

Ilford XP2+, Fed-3, Jupiter-12, from 2008...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love that film. the 12 is the 35mm, right? looks like the j-12 blocks up shadows like my jupiter-8. grand compositions ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow pic 2 , look at those dreadlocks Laughing
i like this one, great tonality .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one looks very grainy, is it normal ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
The first one looks very grainy, is it normal ?

I didn't say that. Only sometimes contrast or grain jump out. It could be caused by some exposition mistakes or what reason it is. Otherwise it is very good film.

Like pic no3!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drugstore scans xp2 and bw400cn, when these are dark (or under exposed Wink ) as normal photos, so the results are pale and very grainy. For the first two I had to fix that - so yea, the grain is normal for the condition.

Equivalently, I can't say for J-12 blocking the shadows, after digging out these I think I'll take it for another spin sometime soon, with some 'real' b&w film, to see what develops Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah like all three of these, grain is guud. Wink Nice results, Jussi!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #2. That's a sharp image!

I have the J12 but I've not tried it yet. I haven't found that the J8 blocks up shadows, but I do my own developing and scanning so I think this may be the drugstore applying too much contrast. Or it may be the film used as I've not tried that one yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my j-8 seems to block up bw400cn; not so much fp2; i see a big difference between shots in the same shadowy light between the j-8, and the canon and i-50 (sorry about the highjacking) ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, these threads are made for threadin Wink

I'll plan an outing with the J-12 and [goes to the film cupboard to see what's there...] some Neopan 400, ought to give a nice long gray curve.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for which one of my slr's has the 3 exposures left on a roll, I took the one I thought it was without looking, and found it empty Rolling Eyes ... But I was out in the fog with a Bessa 6x9 mainly anyhow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those shots. Great film grain. I have a rol of this film(I think it's this one) in my "new" Pentax super A, ... Wink that will be my first film experience ever Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatiful, all three