Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron AD2 (01A) SP 35-80mm f:2.8-3.8 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Tamron AD2 (01A) SP 35-80mm f:2.8-3.8 Macro Reply with quote

Here are some shots made with this MF zoom.
(click on pics to get better resolution)

Well... definitely it is a keeper.
It gives great pics and is easy to use.

For more pictures, have a look at its gallery.

1-

2-

3-

4-

Cheers,
Smile

Last edited by Olivier on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitly a good performer. Especially the first shot is great !

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Olivier,

yes indeed. Results looks very good. My fave is #3 - very relaxing, just waiting for me to spend some holiday there. No. 4 is great too.

Everything under control ? Didn´t see a longer time nothing from you.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results, and a lovely lens.

A real sentimental favorite of mine, plus a super performer. Back in '85 or so I finally stepped up from the Pen FT to an OM2s + 50mm 1.8 Zuiko. A couple of weeks of ennui ensued, and my wife (bless her) said why don't you go back and get the lens you really wanted. In a jif I was at 47th st photo, and back in Brooklyn with my 01a. Some of my best photos are with this beast, and those cherished baby/tot photos. It really is such a complete lens, with creditable macro too, that I didn't require anything else till 15 years later when I bought the 85 Zuiko to take photos of our eldest's stage performances.

Now that I think of it, it's also the last brand-new lens I bought till I got a Pentax 16-45 in anticipation of going digital some years ago, and one of... 4 total I've ever bought new.

Currently, youngest has commandeered the 01a and it sits on her SP1000.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier, do you have the dedicated Tamron rubber hood for this lens? It flares quite easily and the hood is a must-have. I already have one but due to a mix-up on Ebay, I'm expecting another one soon which I can let you have if you want it.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good images. The colour seems very Tamron. The blues always look good.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series! I like the 3D in #1, nice lens

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
Thank you everybody for your comments.
I'm very glad to get news from all Very Happy

You can reach the gallery I created by clicking on the "gallery" word in my first post.

Thanks Tobias.
The first one I like too because it places these flowers in their environment and show they are quite small. I was kneeling and shooting at something else when I noticed them.

Rolf, I'm fine, thank you and I hope you're very fine too.
Did you get new stuff by your local store ?
Chairs' arms would welcome you with pleasure. Smile

Nesster, thank you for sharing your lens sentimental story. Bless you, your wife and children. Why doesn't your daughter post some shots here ? Wink

Peter, I have the case and the front cap. I bought the AD2/M42 ring for my Tamron 03A 80-210mm and so I use it on the 01A. But I don't have the rubber hood, so... it would be nice to have it... Very Happy

Poilu, thank you for kind comments. How are you in Greece ? Where do you live and how is life within those crisis days ?

Cheers to all.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow I will get a Leica R 2.8/60 macro were I´m looking for a long time.
Furthermore I will get lenses back from trifox. His colleague has converted these from FD to EOS mount.

http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-fd-mirror-500-f-8-converted-by-cso-t28249.html
http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-fd-80-200-f-4-l-converted-by-cso-t28248.html

Have a nice weekend.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not I will take it off you hands!

I have one of those too:

By the way do you find the zoom and focus really silky (almost Super tak 50mm) smooth but the aperture ring really stiff, or is that just mine? Sometimes it is nearly enough to twist the Adaptall - 4/3rd mount out of the Lumix L-1 !

peterqd wrote:
Olivier, do you have the dedicated Tamron rubber hood for this lens? It flares quite easily and the hood is a must-have. I already have one but due to a mix-up on Ebay, I'm expecting another one soon which I can let you have if you want it.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Tamron images.

Rolf wrote:
Tomorrow I will get a Leica R 2.8/60 macro were I´m looking for a long time.
Furthermore I will get lenses back from trifox. His colleague has converted

... you will really like it - got addicted to Leica colour now Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Tamron lenses are really good. And that one is a fast one!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, a great gem, wonderfully easy to handle, great outcomes!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile

nemesis101 wrote:
By the way do you find the zoom and focus really silky (almost Super tak 50mm) smooth but the aperture ring really stiff, or is that just mine? Sometimes it is nearly enough to twist the Adaptall - 4/3rd mount out of the Lumix L-1 !

Well, yes Nemesis, I find the ring quite stiff.