Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Spotmatics" Zeiss Pancolar 80 f1.8, perfect eyes.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: "Spotmatics" Zeiss Pancolar 80 f1.8, perfect eyes. Reply with quote

I bought this 80/1.8 from Peter ages ago, unfortunately i was getting poor results with it and an SMC Tak 50/1.4, so i was ready to ditch the whole M42 thing as i was to inconsistent.

2 weeks ago i sat down and tried to figure out the problems, with a little help from the Sigma forum, i concluded the problems were with the adapters i got from hk300, they were too thin and thus not able to get the correct registration distance. My SD14 seems to back focus as well and the viewfinder is hard work for manual focus. I had a hit ratio of about 10%. Very frustrating, but i do love what this camera can do when the stars align..

I mounted the Pancolar on a JTAT adapter on Saturday and got these....

This could be my new favourite lens, you should see these in full res Shocked Thanks Peter..... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered what happened to you and your Pancolar. The Sigma is indeed a difficult system to use. But those portraits... Your photos really show why I think the Pancolar is one of the best portrait lenses ever.

Now I really hope you use it a bit more! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, a great lens in good hands!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome in the Pancolar Lovers Club Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,

Yeah Peter, i haven't been around much.... life got in the way. Hopefully i'll be around a little more now.

Thanks for the comments. I have posted up the full resolution version of the 2nd shot in the oversized gallery. Her eyes deserved it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !!!
Great portraits. Great blues. Great eyes. Great lens. Lucky guy... Wink

What are these engraved stones ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oliver,

The rocks are part of installation art along the banks of the Yarra River in Melbourne. Here is a link to the Aussie forum thread, showing a few of the locations we visited.

http://www.photoforum.com.au/showthread.php?33716-Melbourne-Portrait-Workshop-Results.&p=289648#post289648

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:
Hi Oliver,

The rocks are part of installation art along the banks of the Yarra River in Melbourne. Here is a link to the Aussie forum thread, showing a few of the locations we visited.

http://www.photoforum.com.au/showthread.php?33716-Melbourne-Portrait-Workshop-Results.&p=289648#post289648

Thank you for the link and information, Steve.
You had a very good day !