Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Camerasolution - Yashica FX-D replacement
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Camerasolution - Yashica FX-D replacement Reply with quote

Hi guys

I finally won another film body for my Zeiss lenses after the first one was never sent out and the seller tried to scam me for the money Shocked Anyway, I found another elsewhere and got what I consider a fantastic deal:

* Yashica FX-D Quartz body
* Carl Zeiss Planar 50/1.7
* Yashica ML 50/2
* Paragon 28/2.8 macro
* Paragon 75-200/4.5 macro
* Flash
* Winder
* Manual Shocked

All for £45.00 Smile

Anyway, the leather on the body has peeled off in places and generally looks a bit tired, apart from that everything works perfectly, even the battery!

Has anyone used camerasolution for replacement leather / leatherette? They're really cheap so I'll probably order anyway (once the first roll is developed and I'm happy with the camera).

Click here to see on Ebay

They do Contax stuff as well!

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have positive experience with cameraleather: http://www.cameraleather.com/contax_yashica/

I got a perfect fitting set for my Minolta XD7.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Aki Asahi for a sealing kit and Cameraleather ,like Minolfan , for the covering for my Yashica FX-3 and would recommend both highly. Cameraleather does a whole range of options in covering too, but I went for plain black, very easy to fit and gives an excellent result Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal shrek, I'm glad your GAS is now completely cured ! Smile

Sad about Yashica leathers. It's like the Minolta ER cases - I don't understand why they built such high quality cameras and chose crappy vinyl material to complement them. You can go for that nice denim look now Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Mr Aki Asahi in Japan for camera coverings, for my FX-3, FX-3 Super, and FX-D with autowinder. The kits are excellent. Unfortunately, Mr Asahi does not seem to be trading at present, and there's been no activity on his eBay account for some time. If he resumes making coverings, he'll be my first port of call for a number of bodies I've stacked up for cosmetic uplift.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice guys, I'll have a think about it! I certainly want to make sure the body works as expected first though Wink

And Peter, I was going for snakeskin Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex wrote:
I have used Mr Aki Asahi in Japan for camera coverings, for my FX-3, FX-3 Super, and FX-D with autowinder. The kits are excellent. Unfortunately, Mr Asahi does not seem to be trading at present, and there's been no activity on his eBay account for some time. If he resumes making coverings, he'll be my first port of call for a number of bodies I've stacked up for cosmetic uplift.

Bummer. I hoped to use his services sometime soon. His website seems to be up and running as normal, with no notification of cessation of activities, but it would carry on automatically anyway.
http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/
Of course, he might be another ebay seller who simply got sick of them and just does it from his own site entirely.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bummer. I hoped to use his services sometime soon. His website seems to be up and running as normal, with no notification of cessation of activities, but it would carry on automatically anyway.
http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/
Of course, he might be another ebay seller who simply got sick of them and just does it from his own site entirely.

I can tell you that he is still in service. I aquired a Contax RTS recently where the leather wasn't in good shape and the seals needed replacing.
I ordered a light seal kit and new leather for it and after one week I had it in my hands - which was a week ago.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent -his service is incredibly speedy from Japan glad to hear he is still in business Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IANUS wrote:

I can tell you that he is still in service. I aquired a Contax RTS recently where the leather wasn't in good shape and the seals needed replacing.
I ordered a light seal kit and new leather for it and after one week I had it in my hands - which was a week ago.

Excellent news. Now I can finally get around to ordering some shutter cloth for the HybridFrankenKamera.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Excellent news. Now I can finally get around to ordering some shutter cloth for the HybridFrankenKamera.

What's a HybridFrankenKamera Question - sounds interesting.