Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first shots with Voigtlander Bessa + Apo-Lanthar...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: My first shots with Voigtlander Bessa + Apo-Lanthar... Reply with quote

...are nothing short of superb when looking at them on the lightbox. But damn, scanning is super hard for me Crying or Very sad

Nevertheless, here's the first one. Voigtlander Bessa II with 105mm f/4.5 Apo-Lanthar, Fuji Velvia 100F on a very overcast day. I even remember the exposure details because I took my time: 1/60s at f/5.6, handheld.

Scanned with Epson V500, the film was lying directly on the glass.

More to follow (because it's so hard Smile)

Last edited by Spotmatic on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one... 1/30s f/5.6 handheld.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn nice results, and yeah, scanning's a bitch Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jussi! I have replaced the first one with a different scene because my first scan was not up to par. I like the new one better (see the first post).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tack sharp, great colors!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Tack sharp, great colors!!

Thanks Klaus. Indeed, tack sharp! At 100% I can even read what's written on the black board on the church's wall.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, even better! I don't have such a fine lens on any of my folders, but even with them, I can't say that there's any other camera system that can convey the reality better, perhaps differently. The finer Voigtlander lenses were marketed as not sharper, but more 3-d and rounded in their rendition. I think I see some of that in the statue.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats spot, look great

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second is promising really! We need to wait sunny days, congrats again for your dream cam!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila! Here's the last and final one, those were just trial shots to see if the camera works well. And it does...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, works perfectly!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, really great images, Spot. That super-sized 6x9 image has to be a lot of fun too.

I'm puzzled, though, when you say you're having trouble with your scans. I've been using Epson scanners for about 6 years now, and haven't really had much problem getting good scans, especially medium format. So, I guess I'm curious what it is about the scanning process that you're having difficulty with.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but you did mention it, and since it affects the quality of your images, I guess it's worth discussing. We could always start a separate thread, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Wow, really great images, Spot. That super-sized 6x9 image has to be a lot of fun too.

I'm puzzled, though, when you say you're having trouble with your scans. I've been using Epson scanners for about 6 years now, and haven't really had much problem getting good scans, especially medium format. So, I guess I'm curious what it is about the scanning process that you're having difficulty with.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but you did mention it, and since it affects the quality of your images, I guess it's worth discussing. We could always start a separate thread, though.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last picture shows perfect IQ. Wow.