Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM2 kit...eek what have i done???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM2 kit...eek what have i done??? Reply with quote

I received my new (to me) Olympus OM-2 kit today from a guy at work. Ti's an Olympus OM-2 body, 75-150mm f4 lens, Flash, electric winder, filters and all the orig books and instructions plus a beautiful leather case (see pics)

Everything is in as new condition!! I'm well chuffed! Everything is like brand new!! Just need to learn how to use it!

All for £42.50!

Here are the pics:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your "bargain" Razz

This is a fantastic camera of what i recall, i had one for 6 months. Lightweight, very accurate metering, silent shutter action, and a bright and huge viewfinder which ashames many crop framed sensors for sure. I had a all matte screen, and it was so great to focus .... now i wonder why i sold it Surprised

I also had the lens, but i was a crap photographer at times, so i didn't used it at it best. I highly recommend you to get a 1.4/50mm Zuiko lens to match.

enjoy your gear lucky man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I already have a Zuiko 50mm f1.4, 35mm f2.8 and 28mm f2.8 which i use on my Panasonic Lumix GF1 and i love love love Olympus lenses!!! A bit handy really!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice camera with perfect viewfinder!
Congrats!
Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll love it!
If that bag as an olympus one it's quite collectable ! Especially in that condition. Maybe worth more than the camera.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find. And for a very low price. You can expect perfect quality.

Few samples

http://forum.mflenses.com/olympus-om2n-and-zuiko-2-8-24mm-t23924.html

You will love this cam/system

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent purchase, Andy - you'll like it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Great find. And for a very low price. You can expect perfect quality.

Few samples

http://forum.mflenses.com/olympus-om2n-and-zuiko-2-8-24mm-t23924.html

You will love this cam/system

Wink
Nice examples!!! Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are really great, Andy!
The OM-1 and the OM-2 are, in my opinion, the best 35mm SLR cameras you can buy for the money.
I just love the viewfinder!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fab find - the flash is a good one as well

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been very intrigued over the OM-2 ever since I read an article in a photo magazine back during the 1980s where the author showed some incredible photos he took using available light in almost total darkness. The OM-2 is unique among Olympus cameras, and most others as well, in that it can be "fooled" into metering a scene for as long as 19 minutes by adjusting the ASA to its lowest setting (12). What's cool about this is the OM-2's OTF metering (OTF = Off The Film), so that if light values of the subject change during exposure, the camera reacts accordingly. The OM-2 (plain, not the N or any of the others) is the only Oly SLR that will do this. Sure, you can set a camera to B and count off 19 minutes, but can you also adjust for changes in light level during exposure?

More info here:

http://www.zuiko.com/index_031.htm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad loads of people are rating this camera well.

I take it that on 'Auto" meter reading, the level in the view finder tells you what shutter speed you require to take the shot?