Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got a New (old) Camera for my M42 Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Got a New (old) Camera for my M42 Lenses Reply with quote

Having had a bad experience with every one of my 6 Zenit bodies, I have been looking for something else. I like the Praktica Nova I, so decided on one from the other end of the line:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370679300254?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

At least I don't have to look for mercury batteries.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful looking cam and what a beautiful looking price ! Laughing
You'll like it
Some day , I have to buy one myself too

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking fine!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very reliable centerweight meter almost spot, like the nikkormat, not average meter like minoltas.

Decent microprism.

In Uruguay and Argentina they cost near $ 100. (yes, you read well).

Good purchase.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice...As the saying goes,...."they don't make 'em like that any more"!
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonyrokkor wrote:
Very reliable centerweight meter almost spot, like the nikkormat, not average meter like minoltas.

Decent microprism.

In Uruguay and Argentina they cost near $ 100. (yes, you read well).

Good purchase.

Perhaps I will export them LOL, I bough probaly 30-50 different prakticas , lens sold and bodies landed at my friend as gift he sold them for tourists 5-10 USD , not my favorite , but trustworty guys, I found only 3-5 non working item from 30-50 pieces.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a few days and I'll have a nice Praktica M42 kit put together for sale, probably an EE2 camera once I've put new light seals in it, if that's no good then I might put my very nice MTL5 in the case instead. There will almost certainly be a Super Paragon 28 / 2 made by Cimko ( V good cond ) Helios 44-2 58 / 2 ( good used condition ) and a Prinzflex 200 / 3.5 ( V good cond' ) along with a National PE-2057 flash and a set of extension tubes all packed nicely in a genuine Praktica carrying case.
I need a rainy day to get it sorted. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like Attila... lol, I must dig up my Praktica bodies and export them too!! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Perhaps I will export them LOL, I bough probaly 30-50 different prakticas , lens sold and bodies landed at my friend as gift he sold them for tourists 5-10 USD , not my favorite , but trustworty guys, I found only 3-5 non working item from 30-50 pieces.

Fully agree, one of my friends uses to say the Prakticas are good for camping: you can use them as a hammer to put up the tent pegs and later on take pictures with them.... Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement (and laughs) folks. I'm looking forward to trying it out when it comes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Just like Attila... lol, I must dig up my Praktica bodies and export them too!! Smile

Here's someone already getting rid in bulk lots. I wonder if he collected various lenses from them
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must have sold them seperately I guess...... almost every Praktica has the Pentacon, Domiplan or Jena Tessar on it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many, many body only Prakticas on UK ebay. So many it amazes me how many survivors there are. The lenses must be sold separately and, let's face it, M42 standards like the Pentacons and Tessars are a good starting point for digital users who want quality MF lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some places, the fashion is to film with digital and take B&W photos with a manual old film cams. From there the "cheap lost" of some prakticas, mamiyas, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MTL50 has arrived and looks to be little used. Meter seems to be just about right too. The only negative is that the slow speeds under 1/15th seem to be too long, but they may loosen up as the shutter gets used. I don't usually carry a tripod around with me so those speeds don't normally apply anyway. The controls couldn't be easier and I am looking forward to running some vista through it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
The MTL50 has arrived and looks to be little used. Meter seems to be just about right too. The only negative is that the slow speeds under 1/15th seem to be too long, but they may loosen up as the shutter gets used. I don't usually carry a tripod around with me so those speeds don't normally apply anyway. The controls couldn't be easier and I am looking forward to running some vista through it.

If slow speed are slow mostly shows shorter speeds are slow too, count 1/250 to 1/200 or even less.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worried me a bit Attila, but the error seems worse the slower the speed and I mean disproportionately worse, for example, 1/2 second was just under a second (using the scientific "zero-thousand, one-thousand" counting method Wink ), whereas the 1 second was about 3 to 4 seconds. The proof is in the results, of course and I hope to have a tryout tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
That worried me a bit Attila, but the error seems worse the slower the speed and I mean disproportionately worse, for example, 1/2 second was just under a second (using the scientific "zero-thousand, one-thousand" counting method Wink ), whereas the 1 second was about 3 to 4 seconds. The proof is in the results, of course and I hope to have a tryout tomorrow.

I recommend to every body a simple shutter tester from member vfmoto

http://forum.mflenses.com/shutter-tester-for-shutter-speed-up-to-1-1000th-14-99-t28474.html

I use his advanced LCD tester long time ago, no more badly exposed roll with any camera, once I got new camera I measure speeds and I use right expose at first roll.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first results are in and the shutter seems fine. The meter is at least one stop out, though.