Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Prototype?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Tamron Prototype? Reply with quote

Check out the serial number. Unusual finish too.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Don't think it's a prototype, but it's an interesting lens anyway!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Looking at the mount, it remembers me the old Adapt-A-Matic lenses, although they were finished in black, AFAIK ...

This is the second time in a few months that a similar lens shows up on eBay ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an Adaptall 1 lens - Tamron made a few of these in silver finish - I have the 28/2.8, 135/2.8 and 200/3.5 in silver Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it has rolled in the trunk of someone's car for some time?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very 1970s! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite a nice looking lens compared to the more usual sea of black.

I don't have this specific lens but I have a 38-100mm and an 85-210mm in the silver finish, I always liked the way the distance scale is on transparent perspex, it contributes nothing in terms of functionality but it looks nice!

I would expect this lens to have pretty good images quality, 135mm is a focal length that is hard to get wrong.

Of the zooms, the larger one is quite good but not a show stopper and the smaller one is ok stopped down but has some crazy flare issues wide open, I'm convinced it would make a decent portrait lens because everything looks so dreamy!

I have to say that this lens is very overpriced though, you would find one cheaper on a normal non buy it now auction, it's just a matter of waiting for one to pop up but they do come along every month or so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His stuff is always over-priced, and he claims a lot of expertise but then makes schoolboy level mistakes.. I avoid him and his offerings like the plague.. I think he may well be Arse 'n All's lovechild?? lol

Doug

fatdeeman wrote:
It's quite a nice looking lens compared to the more usual sea of black.

I don't have this specific lens but I have a 38-100mm and an 85-210mm in the silver finish, I always liked the way the distance scale is on transparent perspex, it contributes nothing in terms of functionality but it looks nice!

I would expect this lens to have pretty good images quality, 135mm is a focal length that is hard to get wrong.

Of the zooms, the larger one is quite good but not a show stopper and the smaller one is ok stopped down but has some crazy flare issues wide open, I'm convinced it would make a decent portrait lens because everything looks so dreamy!

I have to say that this lens is very overpriced though, you would find one cheaper on a normal non buy it now auction, it's just a matter of waiting for one to pop up but they do come along every month or so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:

Can you post pictures in "Equipment gallery"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I just need to get around to it!

Or I might just take some samples with each and post them in this forum along with a few shots of the lenses themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron Prototype? Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Check out the serial number. Unusual finish too.

Click here to see on Ebay

Oh, him.
He's a greedy sod. I've had several laughs at his asking prices over the past few months.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the price he's asking for this lens isn't as looney-tunes as some of his other auctions.

But the seller is beside the point. I began this thread because I was curious if the lens was a prototype, or perhaps a pre-release item. I know that there were a few production models in silver finish, but silver finish with a serial number 5? Too bad he didn't post more photos.