Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another pano
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Another pano Reply with quote

I'm having great fun with this, now that I've finally got the hang of it, (thanks to the tutorial) ... well, at the most basic level, anyway. Here is one I shot today. The original composite was about 50MP, I touched it up a bit and shrank it to 24MP - not much bigger than a 5D2 file, but a different shape. And, of course, with enormous DoF and very high definition.

The angle of view is about equivalent to 25mm full frame, but without the distortion a wide angle lens tends to give. I haven't worked out whether the perspective is the same as a 24mm lens would give or not, I suppose it must be.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice !! Is this a great fun isn't it ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. The boat was a bit of a problem because it wasn't perfectly still (and my first attempt with this produced an identical twin of the little boy on the top deck!). I had to mend a couple of ropes that were broken and correct some other things that didn't quite match. You really have to look closely to make sure nothing is mis-matched.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pano! I love the view and colors.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful pano, Paul.
I'm not one for pixel-hunting, so it looks great to me!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've been waiting for ages for a day when the air over Doha Bay was clear enough to get some good shots across the water. There's usually either haze from the sea or the air is so hot the buildings are all wobbly.

You could never make out any stitching errors at this size, anyway, Skedaddled. The problems are things like a quarter-inch wide rope on the boat which stops two inches above its continuation. I've been able to fix all those errors so that even at 24MP and 72dpi you probably would not be able to find them. The standard is high enough for me to have sent it to Alamy and I'm quite sure it will pass their quality control inspection.

Here's an even bigger one - almost 28MP after cropping and trimming. Here I can't find any stitching errors at all, and I've looked hard. Before I cropped it horizontally the ripples in the foreground of the sea didn't match and I couldn't find any way of fixing them; further out, where they are smaller and have less clearly defined shapes Im unable to find the joins at all, even knowing where to look.