Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Today's New Russian Toys - Zenit E & Industar 61L/Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Today's New Russian Toys - Zenit E & Industar 61L/Z Reply with quote

The listing said excellent condition and we all know how that usually goes. Anyway, this really was as it all looks practically new.

The camera looks as though it's seen very little use, the focus screen & view finder are clear and the case is almost perfect. The lens was my main incentive to buying this lot and has clear optics and no problems with either the aperture or focus.

The lens cap is the original one but it's a bit loose. If anyone has any tricks to make push-on caps a better fit please share. As it's the common 49mm filter thread I have plenty of spares.

The ebay seller was seannyorkshirepudding which I'll add to the buyer sources section.

Last edited by martinsmith99 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that one Martin looks excellent Very Happy I think you will like the Industar 61 its got the swirly bokeh from the unusual iris and its sharp and close focusing too. Very similar to a Volna-9 and ace for flower pictures, pretty good standard lens too if not so fast, congratulations on a good buy. Oh btw this is exactly how I started a collection of 35+ Zenits.. I 'll buy it for the lens....OOh! look a black Zenit E.... don't have one of them etc etc etc you have been warned Laughing Laughing as a matter of fact that is an unusual case too for a Zenit looks more like a Pentacon or Prinzflex type, so there's a bit of a rarity Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richard

Yes, I have had in interest that's turned into a passion.

Current Russian kit stands at:
Cameras
Zenit B
Zenit E
FED2

Lenses
Helios 44-2
Helios 44M
Industar 50-2
Industar 61L/Z
Industar 26M
Jupiter 8
Jupiter 11
Jupiter 12

Misc
MMZ bellows
Leningrad 4 light meter
KMZ Turret Viewfinder

I also have a bid on another Jupiter ending in a few minutes. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, the case is not leather but plastic and has `Zenit' labeled in the middle. No Russian symbols.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Prinzflex 500 (Zenit B) case, looks to me to be identical, but with blue felt instead instead of red and a different logo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong bit!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today's New Russian Toys - Zenit E & Industar 61L/Z Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

The lens cap is the original one but it's a bit loose. If anyone has any tricks to make push-on caps a better fit please share.

You could glue a thin strip of velvet in the inside of the rim.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard> That case does look like mine apart from the logo & colour. Thanks.

Dave> I'll give that a go. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice find. i had a non-meter, stop-down only zenit in the early 1970s. pretty sharp lens, but i don't remember what it was. college syndrome, you know ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
nice find. i had a non-meter, stop-down only zenit in the early 1970s. pretty sharp lens, but i don't remember what it was. college syndrome, you know ...

A Helios 44-2 or maybe a 44M, or it may have been the tiny Industar 50-2.

Damn, I spend too much time on this forum! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seemed full size, so a helios of some kind, maybe ...