Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 8mm Fisheye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Samyang 8mm Fisheye Reply with quote

Some shots

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well.... Samyang gets more and more interesting although I do realize myself that it's the photographer that counts! Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two thoughts when I view your pics. A positive and a negative one.

1. At first the positive
for a lens with approx. 240,00 € selling price a very good price-performance-ratio.
2. Now the negative one (but thats only a personal view)
I don´t like this kind of lenses for architecture and the twisted lines there.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. An interesting lens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, what were you shooting with?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice... can't wait to get my fish Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Samyang 8mm Fisheye Reply with quote

karabud wrote:
Some shots

I like this one the best: it is the most "fishy", and what a great depth of field!

I really love fisheyes for the weird perspective they produce.Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing! I think you will have many followers..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Rolf I'm not a superfan of fisheye lenses but your samples are made with good taste, thanks for sharing! This looks like a very interesting lens for the price. Maybe the Zenitar and Peleng have finally found a real competitor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots and good quality fisheye. The gripe I have with the Samyang 8mm is that the focal length is rather misleading. You'd think 8mm would be a circular fisheye on full frame. Not so; this is a diagonal fisheye designed for APS-C. Which makes it more like a 9-10mm fisheye (like Pentax/Tokina 10-17mm). It doesn't take the place of, say, the Peleng 8mm, which is almost a true circular fisheye, or the Sigma 8mm which is a true circular fisheye.

Which doesn't matter at all to people who just want to shoot with a fisheye lens without having to worry about vignettes and dark corners, but it does to people like me who are into panorama stiching:

For full 360˚ coverage, you need a minimum of 4 shots using an 8mm circular fisheye on APS-C. The Samyang doesn't cover enough, requiring at least 5 or 6 shots. Too bad, because I was really thinking about buying it for my K-7 till I found that out. For now I'll just stick to my Sigma 8mm on my 5D. If all I wanted was a diagonal fisheye, the Pentax 10-17mm is a much better lens, both optically, and because it's AF and zooms Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pano may be of interest.

http://www.360pano.de/5d/samyang/en/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veery nice looking!!

I also like the last one most, very nice round shapes :) I'd like to get a fisheye but I'm not sure as to how much real use I would have for it, would be cool for a toy thought. Does anyone know of even cheaper fisheyes? :)