Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A film-like lens-porst 35-105mm 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: A film-like lens-porst 35-105mm 3.5 Reply with quote

i have been using this lens for about a month now and the fall colors bring out a nice film-like quality that i remember from my old minolta days. i find the lens very enjoyable, it has a 'close' focus function and is very bright for a zoom. it could be a little sharper, but it is becoming a favorite. the person i bought it from said it was made by voigtlander, buy i did a little research and think it was made by cosina...these were taken at a reservior near my home with a sigma sd14. comments always welcome!

i must say that the colors/sharpness are much more pleasing on my monitor than when i transfer them to this site; i wonder if i am doing something incorrectly...

it seems there is a contrast/sharpness/saturation problem in my uploading procedure, so please click on each picture to see what i intended!

Last edited by rbelyell on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum upload software definitely screws with the contrast and percieved sharpness, which can be seen if you click on the pic to get the real size. It's still a bit buggy, though.
Also, make sure you're saving your pic in sRGB, not aRGB colour space.
I find I sometimes have to ready an upload pic with reduced contrast to compensate for the way the forum display screws with it. Another way is to host the pic on another server and link to it - giving the forum less chance to muck it up.
That's my take on it anyway; someone who knows their eye-watering vegetables will be along shortly, I've no doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do before uploading here is to choose the sRVB color space and convert my Raw files to 900x600.

Maybe it can help you.

Nice country shots. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did improve contrast a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atilla i must say you are the best! i love your pictures and you are so nice to improve others photos, my goodness! thank you, it looks much better.
tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone. the problem i have seems just to be on photos with this particular lens, its very strange...but i will check my settings as suggested, and thanks again to atilla
tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi farside. after clicking on each photo it is amazing the difference! if the photos looked to me like they appear when uploaded i would discard them! i hope i can fix this issue in the future, or i will have to insert a proviso asking viewers to click on each photo to view what i intended. if you like these scenes i would welcome your opinion on my meyer optika fall bokeh series thread. thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Key is contrast , nothing wrong with built in upload. Take a picture with good Contax lens and don't need to change anything,just upload and publish it. Old lenses , print scans ofter contrast less especially low level lenses like this. Need to increase their contrast before publishing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your reply atilla, and i did not mean to say there was anything wrong with the upload software. looking at other photos, including yours, i know there is nothing wrong with the upload. perhaps i am not so smart, but i still do not understand why my pictures look so different as posted than when you click on the posted picture? when i simply click on the posted picture as Farside suggested, i see what i originally see before upload without having to increase the contrast...
tony

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thank you for your reply atilla, and i did not mean to say there was anything wrong with the upload software. looking at other photos, including yours, i know there is nothing wrong with the upload. perhaps i am not so smart, but i still do not understand why my pictures look so different as posted than when you click on the posted picture? when i simply click on the posted picture as Farside suggested, i see what i originally see before upload without having to increase the contrast...
tony

I not see much difference between them, embedded picture is resized, and I think more compressed pop-up picture is genuine one. Larger picture shows better than smaller one I think or my eyes are different and I can't see differences both are possible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you can really see the difference on the third photo in the group. the definition and color saturation is almost like a different photo. thanks for your interest and help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I see some difference,thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am glad you can see it too. do you know what i could do to bring out the better quality image in the original upload?
tony