Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Infrared 10D with Flektogon 35/2.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Infrared 10D with Flektogon 35/2.4 Reply with quote

Ooops! Mixed up my lenses, this isn't the Biometar as the header originally said, it's the Flek.

I just got an IR converted 10D, which means I can hammer off shots at 1/100s insteat of 15 seconds with the IR filter. This is one of the first images. Unfortunately the conversion seems to have been badly done, with dust and dirt apparently under the filter so it takes a lot of cleaning up. It's going to cost so much to send back ($50 each way for postage) that I'll probably end up keeping it.

The photo shows a megatower under construction, with a huge poster in front of it advertising Qatar's bid to host the 2022 football World Cup. Hands up all those who think FIFA wil agree to having its World Cup stars sweat it out for 90 minutes in 45 degree centigrade heat and anything up to 100% humidity.

I suppose the Qataris are offering to build covered stadiums all over the place so it could be the first fully air conditioned World Cup. It should get sponsorship from LG, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one. Indeed interesting effect.
Quote:
45 degree centigrade heat and anything up to 100% humidity
It make even seem that is cooler than that. Smile

Cheers, Marty. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me!

For more specific info on IR, there is more here:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Infrared_Photography/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice one!! ... I like the composition here much more than the previous pano shot.

Cheers
Tobias