Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bibble-users?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Bibble-users? Reply with quote

Are there any Bibble-users here?

I use Linux alot, and now I'm not sure wich RAW-software to use.

I like new Lightzone, but it hangs when i try to export to Tiff. It is also a beta and(!) trial-version... and will cost some money when its finished.

Trying Bibble Pro now. Nice, but theres some things I'm not sure of, I want to resize, sharpen before I convert to jpg - not sure if thats possible. I would like the Pro-version but not sure if its value for money or if I should get Lite. Nice support and generuos company, is my impression.

I sometimes use UFRaw and Gimp, but is a bit limited and workflow is slow.

I'm quit amazed that they added so much function to this programs but none of them seems to handle editing tags/keywords very well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bibble is my main processor. I find that it is the most flexible of the raw processors because of its ability to host plugins and the numerous plugins now available for it. One author in particular produces great stuff by name of Sean Puckett. You can try it out for free and I would seriously recommend taking it out for a spin. I find I rarely need to use another PP - unlike most of the others with limited adjustments at the raw level (such as selective color enhancement, or lens correction).

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bibble have announced the new Bibble 5 for September 23 delivery. Go to their site for details - looks like a real advance on already great software:
www.bibblelabs.com

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm a Bibble-thumper, too! So the new version is out the 23rd? I have
a free upgrade for it! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a sample of what they say Bib5 can do:

http://support.bibblelabs.com/webboard/viewtopic.php?t=11262

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to get Bibblical.
Maybe I should try it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an avid bible user and I've been a (beta-)tester for the plugins from Sean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy

Do give the new 5 a whirl - they allow trial. It completely replaces PS with the plugins available

Rense
I use his plugins for everything - some of them are incredible. To my mind they make the difference between Bibble and PS a no-brainer Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It now seems it is only the "announcement" at Photokina for today - release is sometime in the future! Bah

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
I use his plugins for everything - some of them are incredible. To my mind they make the difference between Bibble and PS a no-brainer....

so true.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting to hear ... if you say it fully replaces your PS - how do you manage the output sharpening of resized versions?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can be done by using bibble on the jpg you produce. It works on RAW and to some extent on jpg as well. Almost the only thing it cant really do is resize RAW (!! of course). I have never tried to produce a smaller jpg directly.
patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it too for my "exotic stuff", works pretty neatly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news

http://support.bibblelabs.com/webboard/viewtopic.php?t=11748

Nothing till end January

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Sad news
http://support.bibblelabs.com/webboard/viewtopic.php?t=11748
Nothing till end January
patrickh

Thay should at least implement the new cameras in the old version of the software.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that they are stretched so thin that very little will be done other than get the new software ready. I estimate no more than four people working there. Eric is of course quite brilliant, but just one man (and a cat)

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The preview of Bibble5 is available. Hard to find. Very limited features riht now, but it looks really good. They have a new color/raw engine that seems to work much better - I see more detail etc

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it. Where is the new version?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bibblelabs.com/products/bibble5/preview

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. It seems very limited right now, but offers some disitinct improvements over B4 - try the highlight adjustment.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have opened a separate forum section for the B5 preview users

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so many things to do that I don't have the time to beta test the version 5.
I will wait for the final release.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moi aussi, I vill vait for final fantasy...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your PP is normally limited to exposure adjustment, minor sharpening etc then the preview will meet more than 90% of your needs and the colour engine is very much improved. I am seeing more detail pulled from the RAW than before on side by side comparisons.

patrickh