Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bibble-users?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
If your PP is normally limited to exposure adjustment, minor sharpening etc then the preview will meet more than 90% of your needs and the colour engine is very much improved. I am seeing more detail pulled from the RAW than before on side by side comparisons.

patrickh

Patrick, would sure like to see some side by sides of this most tantalizing
news. Otherwise, could I interest you in some old clothes worn by an
emperor? Kiddin'...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try to post some Bill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bibble 5 is getting near to be designated as Vaporware ... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I think that is already the case. I don't think I can wait much longer - Aperture is already on v2.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the old v4 version because of the plugins of Sean. That means I have a problem with my Canon 50D files they are not supported. For those I use Silkypix or Lightroom, Capture One or DxO or rawtherapee.

I just wait and see what will happen.

If the v5 version makes it to a product I can trust in my workflow: I'll use it. If it doesn't materialize: there are plenty of other raw convertors.

Don't worry: be happy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bibble 5 Preview 3 is out!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
Bibble 5 Preview 3 is out!

I tried it:

Lightroom converted DNG - crash on click.

PEF-file - crash slightly after a click, but it was a more total crash Smile

Uninstall - happiness.

I may try it when it's ready, but clearly not there yet. I hope it'll be a good product, but I've never liked the user interface: it is messy and unintuitive, clearly a computer geeks idea of an UI Smile

UI is one of the biggest problems in almost all the RAW-converters - I think only the Lightroom (I use 1.4.1 and 3beta) has a decent interface, not great, but decent. Lightzone UI has potential, but the implementation is messy, the free/open converters are (all of them AFAIK) UI-disasters. Having a great conversion quality is irrelevant, if the workflow stinks.

I'm trying to move to Linux at some point, but lack of solid workflow prevents me at this time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, talking about RAW Converters only (without added features) imho ACR is having the best UI ... Rolling Eyes and I would aven live with a messy UI if the conversion result is excellent.

I guess all these discussions about "RAW Converters" really depend on the personal usage/workflow,
IF you are able to live with Lightroom (or Bibble) only, so doing the final "editing" in there, too, fine ...
MY workflow always consists of doing the final editing in PS so a pure "converter" (like ACR) is just fine for me, I have no need for a "RAW Converte Editor" like LR or Bibble ... what I would be interesed in in those are the Asset Management features.