Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DNG vs JPG - glooming mountains SMC50/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: DNG vs JPG - glooming mountains SMC50/1.4 Reply with quote

This shot I did 1 hour ago.

This is a single frame from the panorama, converted from RAW-DNG, no saturnation etc. applied, just sharpening.

This is the panorama stiched from JPG (not converted) frames. Watch the difference - I never saw so much difference between RAW and JPG from my camera.

The DNG conversion is soooo much more lively and the structures of the mountains show perfect clarity, close to the scene as it was.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just crawling on my HD, because I did a similar shot last winter. I found it: ... some PP done on this one ....

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another marvellous picture from the master-stitcher. Simply wonderful!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tobias,
Where is the location of the photo ? The first 24 years of my live I was Austrian and the mountain remembers me something.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks madamasu ...

@Andreas
Quote:
The first 24 years of my live I was Austrian and the mountain remembers me something.

Sounds interesting ! Do you speak also Austrian ? Smile

This is a moiuntain-group in the area of Salzburg near Saalfelden (Zell am See). The mountaingroup itself is called "Steinernes Meer" (Sea of Stones). The name of the top is "Breithorn".

exactly here: Wink

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naturaly, "Lower Austrian"

I was sometimes in the area with the army.
Congratulations for your photos, they are great.

Andreas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias

Your usual very high standard panorama of some of the most staggering scenery

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tobias

great shots and images as usual. Perfect.

Regarding the differences between RAW (DNG) and JPG - I decided by myself long tome ago to shot only in RAW. There are so much adjustments within the cam shooting JPG that I would like to have the control over this process.