Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

bbar tamron 70-150mm m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: bbar tamron 70-150mm m42 Reply with quote

hi

does anyone know anything about the above lens? i'm thinking of getting one, but would like to know about its performance.
thanx!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what one you mean. There's an SP in that length, there's two in AD2, and three in AD1.
I have the 02A version and find it quite ok, but on a crop cam I don't use it as much as I would on FF, as it's not a very convenient range, being effectively a 105-225.
Have you checked out http://adaptall-2.com/ ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: bbar tamron 70-150mm m42 Reply with quote

thank you farside. as far as i can see, it is a 'multi C' 3.5 aperture. i dont see any other designation on the lens...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: bbar tamron 70-150mm m42 Reply with quote

actually its 3.5 wide open and 6.4 at telephoto...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a model number near the mount,Then you can go to the site Farside mentioned and get your info.I find it hard to work out which Tamron but the more I read the more it becomes clearer. Wink
At the site
Under homepage on the left hand side look at 3,4,5 or 7th choice they give you great charts to match your lens against.

Last edited by mo on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks to both of you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: bbar tamron 70-150mm m42 Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
actually its 3.5 wide open and 6.4 at telephoto...

That's interesting - is it the model with separate zoom and focus rings? The one I had (many years ago!) was constant aperture throughout the zoom range.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well scsamsbrook, it looks like that yes, its a little hard to tell as i am looking at pictures over the internet, but yes i think there are separate rings.