Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adaptall 2 60-300mm 23a - test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Adaptall 2 60-300mm 23a - test shots Reply with quote

I really need to put in an effort to get more of these adaptall 2 lenses. I just picked this one up for fun, and it is a decent lens. Even at 300mm it is pretty sharp wide open. And it has the close focus like my 103a has.

Heavy beast though. So not something I would take out hiking. Much less PF than the Tamron 70-300 AF...

It is a cat shootin' machine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two, not including another one I bought new back in the mid-80s. I have always loved its very good macro capabilities: 1:1.55. Back in my days as a motorsports photographer, I made heavy use of this lens because of its large focal range.

Yeah, it's heavy. But it's good enough to replace a half dozen lenses in my bag, so I've never minded the weight. Back in the day, if I wanted to travel light, I'd carry my Canon F-1 with a Vivitar 28-90 and the Tamron 60-300, and I had most all bases covered.

Here's a dupe of a slide I took back in the 80s with mine. I'm sure I had it zoomed out to 300mm for this shot. Canon F-1, Fujichrome 100.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Angels 1 - Cats 0 Reply with quote

Angels are so much more interesting than Cats and Flowers! Especially Blue Angels.

That is a very good example of the 300mm end of this lens. You are right, it really would replace a few lenses in the bag, so the weight might not be so bad. I did notice it was pretty good at the wide end too.

Thanks for showing what it can do on the distance shots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus, those samples are great. Really makes me want to try mine out. For some unknown reason, I haven't used it yet. Rolling Eyes

Nice shot of the Angels as well, Michael.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another one just for grins. I was probably shooting at an intermediate range with my 60-300, maybe around 250mm, for this shot. Taken on the famed back straight at the now-non-existent Riverside International Raceway for an IMSA race back in 1986. A Posche-powered March 83G, probably doing better than 200mph when I tripped the shutter. Canon F-1, Fujichrome 100.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an exceptional shot Michael, even more so due to the dynamic conditions. Thanks.

Yeah, I need to take this Tammy out for a spin! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Adaptall 2 60-300mm 23a - test shots Reply with quote

Gus Helios wrote:
I really need to put in an effort to get more of these adaptall 2 lenses. I just picked this one up for fun, and it is a decent lens. Even at 300mm it is pretty sharp wide open. And it has the close focus like my 103a has.

Heavy beast though. So not something I would take out hiking. Much less PF than the Tamron 70-300 AF...

It is a cat shootin' machine.

I just love the bokeh on mine, pic 3 shows it perfectly. I'm betting the real background was awful Smile

@Michael.
A pair of cracking shots.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful samples Gus! They are fine lenses.