Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this camera an interesting piece?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Is this camera an interesting piece? Reply with quote

Pentona 2 rangefinder.....@ a BIN price of $5 + $15.00 postage,trioplan 3.5/45 I can barely read the dial,or judge the condition

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this camera an interesting piece? Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:

Pentona 2 rangefinder.....@ a BIN price of $5 + $15.00 postage,trioplan 3.5/45 I can barely read the dial,or judge the condition

It's a simple viewfinder scale-focus, and might be half-decent with that lens on it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moomincameras/3126335652/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only interesting in terms of curiosities - that is the GDR equivalent of a fifties point and shoot, and not the best among them. If you can, get a Werra instead - that is the one they put all their heart and brains into!

Last edited by Sevo on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for photography...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies.Always to the point which I appreciate Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo,

If you trace the lineage of the Pentona, you can say it's a descendent of the original Zeiss-Ikon pre-war 24mm-square Tenax I. After the war, Zeiss-Ikon Dresden carried on making the Tenax I, modified slightly and sold under the Taxona name. There is a Taxona on eBay AU now:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RARE-ZEISS-IKON-TAXONA-SQUARE-FORMAT-35mm-BOX-MORE_W0QQitemZ250497374237QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_FILM_CAMERAS?hash=item3a52ce981d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Afterwards the Taxona evolved into a full-frame camera called the Pentona, and the Pentona II sports a larger viewfinder. But for the camera in question, like most things it depends on the condition: people are willing to pay a lot more than that just for a Trioplan standard lens anyway.