Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Scored a Minty MD-2!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Scored a Minty MD-2! Reply with quote

I'm still stoked, had to share.

So this afternoon, I decided to drop by Houston Camera Exchange since I was in the area, on a whim more than any other reason, and spotted a Nikon MD-2 nestled amongst a cluster of motor drives on their bottom shelf -- a place where you really had to be looking to see anything at all. The guy pulled it out, and set it on the counter, and I tried not to let my eyes pop, but I know my pupils dilated. Probably the cleanest MD-2 I've ever seen. The battery pack is the less desirable MB-2 (most folks prefer the MB-1, since it holds two more batteries and cranks the drive a bit faster), but it was just as pristine.

Tried not to do a double take when I looked at the price on the sticker. A whopping $60!

Sold! I said, hoping the fellow didn't discover some sort of pricing error between the counter and the cash register. I had him add a roll of Ektar to the purchase, paid my money and got out of there before anybody wised up.

Ain't she purty?

The MD-2 even makes my moderately thrashed F2 look better. Huh.

-M

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

......and you have polished everything with silicon polish.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, it looks great, congratulatios! But now we wait for a nice serie, made with its help ofcourse! This combo has to be used properly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score, indeed! I recall getting my first motor drive and was hooked on the zeeep zeeep from then on. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cooltouch - nice buy (about £35 British) but you should have raised your eyebrows and said "Sohh much! What's your best price?" Live dangerously in photo stores - that's the way Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, I thought about it, but chickened out. Smile

I used to have an F2 outfit with MD-2, but had to sell it. It's nice having a motor drive for my F2 again. I don't use motor drives so much for firing off bursts as I do for being able to shoot without having to move my eye from the viewfinder to rewind the film. The added weight of the motor also helps stabilize the system during pans, etc., and acts as a counterbalance when I have a long telephoto mounted.

No silicone polish, I promise. Cool

-M