Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ladenburg Ballon Festival 2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Ladenburg Ballon Festival 2009 Reply with quote

Ladenburg is not only a very interesting old roman founded (90BC) pitoresque town - it also hosts the largest German baloon festival each year, with about 20.000 people attending. I only had time to be there at one of the three festival days, the "balloon glowing" night...

I tried some wides...Nikon D200 handheld at night, ISO1250, f2, very noisy, so bare with me...

Last edited by kds315* on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:22 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
tried some panos...Nikon D200 handheld at night, ISO1250

nice panos ! and
Quote:
ISO1250
... Shocked I didn't even know that there is a ISO 1250 which can be used. Very useable results though...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tobias, with these night shots you can at least hide some noise playing with gamma/contrast... Wink (D200 allaws a High ISO setting in its menu)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woa, nice ones, Klaus! 2,4, and 5 are faves! Great atmosphere in 5.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes, it was mainly about the atmosphere - unfortunately that effect of the blasting gas burners cannot be made visible (tried it though...). They played "Also spake Zarthustra" while that was happening...my neck hair was standing straight up...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one is superb Klaus. Balloons are so photogenic and you really caught the atmosphere

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that you should post these Klaus...I just went to a Balloon Festival locally & got some of the "glow" shots as well. Balloons are so photogenic subjects aren't they?...Here's a link to my Flickr site with a set from it (some photos of old tractors & my wife as well)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/sets/72157621987320572/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Soctt, what a coincidence!!