Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My latest bargain and next film challenge - Canon AE-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: My latest bargain and next film challenge - Canon AE-1 Reply with quote

It was filthy when I got it this morning, but 20 mins later and...

The viewfinder is REALLY bright!

Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch! Smile You won't be disappointed. I got a few FD bodies and glass and love them. Seen your signature my advice would be to get an FD/Adaptall ring to complete the outfit.
Regards, Marty.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Canon AE-1 Reply with quote

Is that ticket genuine ? As granny used to say, 'You can't beat that with a stick'.

Will you get Canon lenses to go with it? Right now they are oh-so-cheap, apart from the Speed Giants. The standard lens you have is excellent, and the little 35mm f2.8 wide angle is an absolute beauty, pity it can't be used straight onto a DSLR (maybe on the new Micro 4/3 ones though?)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the genuine ticket Shocked

I'll hopefully collect a *few* FD lenses, and as is eluded to above, an Tamron->FD adapter is probably the order of the day! Looking forward to using it Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not an m42 to FD, also?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! It will be a whole new world , shoot on film is lot more joy than on digital. I never believed before ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother in law has a few FDs, and the lenses and cameras are so Smoooothhh... and there's a very beguiling look to the photos too. Congratulations, hope you get the camera working & lightproof etc very quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh! you can get £12-£15 for just the lens on ebay.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice price, you cant beat it. Smile

Is this camera fully functional?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a deal! Good luck with it shrek.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Shrek !!!

Now you can use the 85/1,8, 100/2,8, 55(or 50?)/1,2, 35/2. Canon's lenses. WOW!!

Congratulations!!

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks a beauty!

Being a Canon DSLR man, I'm always tempted to go for one of the A range, but as the lenses aren't compatable with EOS cameras I've avoided them as I really don't want 3 systems, but as M42 > FD adapters are available, it's got me thinking. Rolling Eyes

Great catch Graham!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend bought one of those. But he tried winding ut up (no film in it) and the winder got stuck and wouldnt go back. Any ideas what might cause it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a `buy it now' on efray for 9.99gbp......hmmm Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
There's a `buy it now' on efray for 9.99gbp......hmmm Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing so 6 GBP bargain Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
A friend bought one of those. But he tried winding ut up (no film in it) and the winder got stuck and wouldnt go back. Any ideas what might cause it?

Not saying this is it, but try turning the sprocket hole spindle on the take-up side as if film was passing over it. Some cams have this connected internally, it's not just an idler, you might hear/feel it cocking part of the mechanism.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want aperture priority the.......... Canon AV1 is a nice basic camera.