Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Black and white landscape view
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Black and white landscape view Reply with quote

I was out the other evening after a rainy day. It was a bit dark so I had trouble holding the aus Jena 135mm/3.5 zebra still (handheld), but got a few nice pictures. What do you think, does this work? Converted to black and white in Photoshop with the Channel Mixer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&W landscape in most cases are not a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Sorry, about that I disagree Wink I'm often like the B&W landscapes. But often when it's the kind of "ruff" nature we have here, specially in autumn/winter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Matthias, there's nothing wrong with b&w landscapes. It needs a working/strong composition.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Now Attila ... better not say that when the Ansel Adams supporters are in town !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Black and white landscape view Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
I was out the other evening after a rainy day. It was a bit dark so I had trouble holding the aus Jena 135mm/3.5 zebra still (handheld), but got a few nice pictures. What do you think, does this work?

I quite like this - but do you think you can recover some detail in the dark foreground? Evening landscapes with clouds can be difficult to expose appropriately.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

esp. in this case, b/w is a great choice for this landscape.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think like scsambrook - the details in the foreground might have been somewhat more striking. No reason to say that B&W cannot be satisfactory in landscape photography.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh YEAH ! Perfect shot with perfect cropping and B/W editing.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black and white looks great. I think the black (closer) tree in the foreground got a bit too much space in the photo, if you understand what i mean... but really nice photograph!