Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Redface, Hyderabad
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Redface, Hyderabad Reply with quote

I met this tiny little old man with his red-coloured face daily around the hotel I staid. He collected garbage and dumped it not far from the entrance of the hotel in a backstreet of Hyderabad. I have no idea, why he painted his face red, and as he didn't speak one word of English and I still don't speak one word of Telugu, there was no way of asking him.
He became my favourite model, and I gave him some rupees and took a few pictures of him, all with the Nikon D200 & Voigtländer Ultron 40/2, all at ISO 320.

The first three @ f 2. I didn't hit the focus well, as you can see from his beard, but the expression of his face is there:

The colours are as they came out of the camera. The pictures were taken around 6 pm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two more, this time @ f2.8. Because of the strong contrasts I had to use the highlight/shadow-function of photoshop, but I didn't do anything to the colours:

P.S. The pictures all look better on my monitor than they do in the internet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very odd. Otoh, it probably makes sense to him, perhaps for religious reasons, and that doesn't have to make sense to anyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May he has unwashed his face since March..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just a joke. Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/hinduism/holydays/holi_2.shtml