Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My First Bronica SQ-B Shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: My First Bronica SQ-B Shots Reply with quote

Hi everybody from Japan. I've started to receive the negs back from the first rolls that went through the Bronica SQ-B I purchased last month.

These, I believe, were 400VC that came with the camera. Some Auto Toning done as well as NeatImage NR.

These were from an expired 160NC, if I remember correctly.

I'm liking the results, although the images are coming back with weird banding on the right side of the frames. I hope they're from the scanning at my developers, and nothing resulting from a faulty cam/back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ! I am glad you are home again and make happy pictures ! Last two my favorites.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beach in the fireworks photo is amazing, showing us something we don't usually see. Super photo.

Is the banding you mention visible in these photos? I can't see any.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! great results. nice flare resistance, superb bokeh
send us more and enjoy your holiday Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks y'all. I see that I made the right choice in keeping this setup. With a Kiev-60 now in good working order (and a Kiev-6C that can do 220 film on the way) for my CZJ and Hartblei lenses, I now have quite an awesome medium format system going for me, thanks in no little part to members here!

Nesster wrote:
The beach in the fireworks photo is amazing, showing us something we don't usually see. Super photo.

Is the banding you mention visible in these photos? I can't see any.

Yes, although they're not super obvious. They always appear in the exact same spot. If you look closely at the right-most 10% of the frames, you can see a couple of bands in the firework shot, as well as a small portion of it in the beach/crocs shot at the extreme upper right. The banding is more visible, obviously, when there's a relatively homogenous background behind it.

I'm looking at more images, and I'm noticing similar banding showing up in my Kiev-60 shots I recently got back, so I'm pretty sure now it's crappy scanning job by Dwayne's Photos. Which is a relief, but of course annoying considering I'm paying them to get these things scanned.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I see it now. I hate when that happens, supposedly this is due to some dust on the moving light source... which is behind glass, so those bands come and go as they please... though I sometimes do the only thing available: I shake the scanner!

These bands are very faint, which probably is why Dwayne's hasn't noticed. Perhaps you should let them know.

Photoshop and the rubber stamp tool are your friends in these situations.

Btw, that is an excellent sounding pile of med fmt equipment you have...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the outdated film and the into-the-sun shooting, that's done very well indeed. I like the fireworks shot - the crowded beach gives it real feel.