Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

F-stop change with Kiev adapters?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: F-stop change with Kiev adapters? Reply with quote

I'm looking to adapt either pentacon or kiev 88 lenses to m42. The adapters essentially are like an extension tube because of the dramatic difference in register distance between the formats. Does anyone know what the f-stop adjustment would have to be? Or is it that the original aperture is non-applicable because of the difference in formats? I think I may just be over thinking things....Many thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: F-stop change with Kiev adapters? Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I'm looking to adapt either pentacon or kiev 88 lenses to m42. The adapters essentially are like an extension tube because of the dramatic difference in register distance between the formats. Does anyone know what the f-stop adjustment would have to be? Or is it that the original aperture is non-applicable because of the difference in formats? I think I may just be over thinking things....Many thanks in advance!

Partially right , like an extension tube, but F-stop is same no difference. I frequently shoot with P6 lenses on 35mm they are lovely perfectly usable lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use MedFor lenses on a smaller camera via an adapter, the lenses are still MF lenses and the film/sensor plane is where it's supposed to be, so no, you don't need to calculate a different f-stop. The adapter isn't functioning as an extension tube.