Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

85mm AIS and my partner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: 85mm AIS and my partner Reply with quote

My partner and I were scouting for some additional rural locations for a planned outdoor fashion shoot for a local designer later this week.
The weather yesterday was pretty awful which is typically British ( rain and wind) but not to be outdone we set off late afternoon after the rain had ceased and drove around until we came across this spot which will be ideal for a couple of shots in front of the gate which I have in mind. ( will need to do a bit of gardening with regard to the grass first Very Happy )
I love using the old 85mm, probably more than the AF-D version which I also have and always use the oldie whenever I can.

Anyway, here's a natural light candid of my partner as she sat on the gate at the chosen location - a pity I didn't have my outdoor lighting kit, but the wind was really strong earlier in the day and would probably have blown it over anyway and I wasn't gonna risk that Very Happy
Regards...
Tony

D200 + 85mm AIS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful portrait from a great lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice....Was that the F2 version or the F1.4 ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice portrait Tony, light look fine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:

Sadly Scott, I have to say it was the humble f2 version - I'm looking out for a 1.4 and may just replace the 1.8 AF-D I have, with the 1.4 version - mostly for bokeh advantages rather than the extra 2/3 stop.
Thanks for your comment..
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice portrait Tony, light look fine

Thanks Poilu. The shot didn't turn out too bad considering the late dull grey sky and flat light.
I'm hoping to catch the light with the morning sun ( if it ever shows Surprised ) slightly left and behind the subject at this location ( I reckon early/mid morning would be good ) to give the shots a bit of natural rim, warm glow...should look pretty good with a little fill from the front!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done, looks very fine ... the clothes as well. Very sutabele surrounding compared to the dress-style.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonymp wrote:
Screamin Scott wrote:

Sadly Scott, I have to say it was the humble f2 version - I'm looking out for a 1.4 and may just replace the 1.8 AF-D I have, with the 1.4 version - mostly for bokeh advantages rather than the extra 2/3 stop.
Thanks for your comment..
Tony

Nice shot, 1.8d for me has very good bokeh Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud wrote:

Nice shot, 1.8d for me has very good bokeh Wink[/quote]

Hi Karabud,
I also have the 1.8 AF-D and it's a great little lens too but I find the bokeh a little harsh when near wide open. I've used a 1.4 AF-D and it's somewhat smoother with regard to bokeh but I doubt if it's any sharper than the 1.8!
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
well done, looks very fine ... the clothes as well. Very sutabele surrounding compared to the dress-style.

Cheers
Tobias

Thanks Tobias,
That was the intention of matching the location to the clothing style and I was very pleased with the location.
Thanks again..
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand bokeh is a matter of taste:)