Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall 2 Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall 2 Mount Reply with quote

Hello.

Just won an auction on a Tamron 80-210mm f3.8/4 Adaptall 2.
I got it for... 0,99 GBP + shipping. Very Happy

But, I lost on the separate auction for the Adaptall2 mount for M42.

I need your advice.
Please, what is the best choice to do between :
1- get a Tamron Adaptall2 mount for EOS. In such a case, I fix the Tamron directly on my 40D, without any electronic. Remark : I'm waiting for a focusing screen. (Alex, if you read me... Wink ).
2- get a Tamron Adaptall2 mount for M42, and then attach it to my M42 to EOS adapter with AF confirm chip.

Maybe there's a third possibility.
I have a Soligor 400 with a T4/Tx adapter. Does it work with adaptall ? (i think the answer will be no...).

Last question : Alex, do you sell Tamron Adaptall2 rings ? Laughing

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Olivier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Olivier,

#1 seems better. Less parts, goes on and off with less trouble. There may be a matter of AF confirm though. Maybe there is an EOS Adaptall with chip ?

T4/TX mount is not convertible to Adaptall.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Luis.

I'll choose number 1 as you say less to interfere is better.
With a focusing screen, it sould be okay, isn't it ?

Is this Tamron zoom the same as the one you had and tested ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Olivier,

Yes, I have that lens (Model 03A), and the later version also (103A).

Its very nice for close-focus and macro, it is one of the first that could go continuously from infinity to macro with no extra switches, and zoom in macro also. Great for flowers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the earlier 03a version of this very popular lens.

I always use M42 Adaptall adapters as I don't like to ever remove my Sony->M42 mount Laughing I've never had any focusing issues with my Tamron lenses, so go for whatever best suits your budget and needs Smile

By the way, the later 103a version of this lens is one of my all time favourites!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

As I like flowers shots and macro, i'll surely be happy with it.

Shrek, thanks for the info about adaptall2 to M42.

If I understand well, the 03A is an average lens but good for macro and flowers, but the latter 103 is far better than this one ?

Cheers
Olivier

PS : Luis, my brother is in Frisco at this very moment, for 2 weeks. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

If I understand well, the 03A is an average lens but good for macro and flowers, but the latter 103 is far better than this one ?

There is a difference in IQ between the 03A and the 103A, but in general use you'd not really notice it. The 03A is capable of producing perfectly good pics - it's not crap, just not quite as good as its successor.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how after market adapter for Tamron Adaptall 2 to EOS works. Original Tamron adapter for EOS was lately sold $172 plus S/H. I use origianal tamron adapter to 42 and AF confirm M42/EOS adapter and it works well, however not so good on EOS compare to Pentax K10D.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oliver,

Tamron AD2 to M42 and Tamron AD2 to EOS are all available, including some other flavours
Laughing

if you want to use an AF chip, you can get a AD2 to M42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will a single M42 AF confirm adaptor work with all different FL lenses as far as AF confirm is concerned? Without using IS.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put your own chip onto Adaptall2-EOS adapter or you can buy one which is chipped (I've seen them on ebay).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
I don't know how after market adapter for Tamron Adaptall 2 to EOS works. Original Tamron adapter for EOS was lately sold $172 plus S/H.

Does the original adapter handle the aperture automatic system. Then I understand the price (but not necessarily how an earth does it work ..?)

@hk300 : where is your shop?

Just ordered two Tamron-EF-s from Kang for $ 39,39 (incl delivery). The non-chipped versions seem all to be from the same ..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this message is outdated and deleted!

Last edited by Aykman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
voytek wrote:
I don't know how after market adapter for Tamron Adaptall 2 to EOS works. Original Tamron adapter for EOS was lately sold $172 plus S/H.

Does the original adapter handle the aperture automatic system. Then I understand the price (but not necessarily how an earth does it work ..?)

@hk300 : where is your shop?

Just ordered two Tamron-EF-s from Kang for $ 39,39 (incl delivery). The non-chipped versions seem all to be from the same ..

i get the adapters from China, there are only a few manufacturers for these adapters, and because these are produced in bulk, these are very cheap now ... lol

if you want to buy parts from me ... send me a pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:

No. it does not.
These old mechanical lenses can only be used stopped down on EOS.
EOS camera´s don´t have any mechanical connection to lenses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everybody for your advice and answers. Smile

I'm quite happy to read that this 03A is a good lens.