Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei Slide Direct - Any experiences?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Rollei Slide Direct - Any experiences? Reply with quote

On a bit of a whim I've ordered a few rolls of this Rollei Slide Direct film which is supposed to give positives in normal, if strong, chemistry. It seems it's really meant to be a copying film. It is orthochromatic and very slow - the equivalent of 10 or 20 iso and of limited latitude.
I just happened to see it in the special offers when I was ordering some bulk rolls and liked the idea of it, but has anyone used it? How would it look if souped in Rodinal for example?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a copying film it will probably be of inherently lower contrast to counteract the tendency of copies to increase contrast. I'd try it straight just to see what effect it has, then adjust to suit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was wondering about contrast. I'll do a test roll when it arrives.
I don't think it's been a big hit for Rollei/Maco as I can find very little evidence of anyone using it... The iso equivalent seems in fact to be less than 1! Shocked
The recommended route is to do a test starting at '6' ISO and expose a series at one stop intervals until you've added an extra 5 or 6!
Veeeery sloooow....
So some pinhole type long exposures, or big flash.