Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay Seller: Zeissrep
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Ebay Seller: Zeissrep Reply with quote

does anyone know Zeissrep?

I recently bought something from him, i think the item was okay (it is still with my brother in the UK), but i do not like his attitude.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, funny you should say that, i bought a CZ 50mm from him via the bay

Got an email from him 2 days after paying saying he forgot to add the recorded delivery i paid for, still waiting for the lens Evil or Very Mad

I'm about to ask him for full tracking as it should of been here 2 days ago, see what responce i get from him, his responce to his mistake was you don't want the 75p back do you ?

Mick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick Tindall wrote:
Hmm, funny you should say that, i bought a CZ 50mm from him via the bay

Got an email from him 2 days after paying saying he forgot to add the recorded delivery i paid for, still waiting for the lens Evil or Very Mad

I'm about to ask him for full tracking as it should of been here 2 days ago, see what responce i get from him, his responce to his mistake was you don't want the 75p back do you ?

Mick

Mick ... what was the final outcome?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lens either here or returned back to seller, but fair play to the guy he said yes no problem his fault and refunded.

So i can only say the guy seems spot on, the only other time i've had to claim and the seller played merry hell (not a lens)

HTH

Mick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, fair play to the guy who originally asked you did you want your 75p back?
Sounds like an arrogant prick to me - regardless of whether you got your 'something' or not...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick Tindall wrote:

This reminds me a lot of a seller I once bought from, 'joefitzgerald'.

I bought an Agfa Billy Compur folder from him. I paid, as I always do, for insured postage. A fortnight later, it still hadn't arrived. He replied that he'd sent it the day after I paid (which was instant Paypal), and if it hadn't arrived in a few days, to let him know.

And in a few days, it had still not arrived. On my query, he replied that he "just happened to have a similar camera", having brought two of them back from a trip to Germany, and if I liked, he could send the second one, said to be in a similar condition, rather than a refund. I agreed.

Several days later, it arrived. The condition was awful. The packaging was awful. It was also uninsured, cheap second-class post. I wrote to let him know that he'd sent it uninsured whereas I'd paid for insurance. His reply was "It would have been all right, as I self-insure". I was taken aback. Insurance means a third party takes on the risk in an auditable way. He was just taking the insurance fee and pocketing it.

That was not all. I looked closely at the camera that came, and at the Ebay picture. It was the camera in the picture, but it was postmarked three weeks later than he said he'd sent it out, supposedly lost in the post. I know it was the same camera, because I thought to check if I could read the serial number on the lens, and the serial number in the picture was the same as the serial number on the camera lens in my hands. The camera had never been 'lost in the post', that was just a lie ; it just hadn't been in the post as claimed.

I mentioned casually that it was the 'first' camera that had arrived, and he replied that if the second arrived, just to send it back to him and he'd reimburse me. I need hardly add that no second camera ever arrived.

I should have used that Toolhaus.org tool to check his feedback, a thing I now regularly do, and if I'd done that then, I'd have seen a whole raft of complaints about slow dispatch, cameras never arriving, poor packaging, and poor condition.

There was a plus end to the story for me, however. I cleaned the camera up, freed and re-greased the focus, cleaned the lens, and stripped and cleaned the shutter. When I was finished, it was in perfect working order. I later sold it for four times what I'd paid for it. Of course, it doesn't always work out that well. But that's a seller that made it onto my 'exclude' list on every Ebay search I do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, fair play to the guy who originally asked you did you want your 75p back?
Sounds like an arrogant prick to me - regardless of whether you got your 'something' or not...

I look at it this way, i'm fully refunded without any hassle, while his responce was shall we say not great, it's him thats lost out, i have now bought a lens of the same ilk for less.

Mick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Sonnar 1.5/5cm from him, few months ago.
Communication was not the best, he shipped the lens after nearly one week - I have paid immediately with paypal.
But the lens arrived after two weeks, fortunately.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my experience with him ...

... right after i 'won' the auction (not sure Sunday or Monday night), he asked me to pay, and said that if i did not pay to him immediately, he won't send out the item until the next week, stating that he only sends out items every Wednesday.

Since i was away, i thought okay ... i am not in a hurry, so i was planning to wait till the next week and pay him before his next cycle.
That weekend he filed a non-paying complaint to Ebay. I complained, told him since he was not going to send it out for another few days, i was planning to pay 1-2 days before his next cycle ... some blah blah, so i paid, and he shipped the item on his next cycle Rolling Eyes

Then i discovered that he did not close this non-paying complaint case, and i asked why. He said he was waiting for my feedback ....

What does that mean ...

so ... what would you recommend?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
Then i discovered that he did not close this non-paying complaint case, and i asked why. He said he was waiting for my feedback ....

What does that mean ...

It means he's holding you to ransom Alex - he wants good feedback or he'll either keep the case open, or give you an unpaid strike.

Sounds like a despicable little person to me, but of course bullying seems to be ignored by those in power, so expect little support from them.

Your case seems cut and dried though (you paid for the item, which is on record), so the chances of having a strike removed would seem to be in your favour if you chose to leave neutral/negative feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have paid for the item he doesn't have a case to start, leave your neutral or negative feedback as you should.

Mick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:

What does that mean ...

It means he's a shit.

Quote:

Face him down and just do what you feel he deserves. Personally, for the attempted feedback ransom alone, I'd roast him. Unfortunately, burning at the stake isn't allowed these days, so a blistering but well-worded disdainful neg rating might stick in his craw a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Face him down and just do what you feel he deserves. Personally, for the attempted feedback ransom alone, I'd roast him. Unfortunately, burning at the stake isn't allowed these days, so a blistering but well-worded disdainful neg rating might stick in his craw a bit.

I've been thinking about this over the past while and agree with Dave - always remember that if he responds to your negative rating, you can in turn really switch on the burners with a further response of your own - I've seen some real idiots taken down a peg or two with some home truths in Round 2 of the Feedback process Wink

In the words of a well-known sports brand - Just Do It Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth remembering that if the wind is right ebay stamp down heavily on feedback ransom/blackmail, so to land him in the ordure, simply dob him in, with copies of the emails. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ... i will let him feel it!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:

A small word of caution - if you're going to leave him Negative Feedback, make sure to ban/block him as a bidder on any items you may be selling. I had a spiteful seller do just this to me a few weeks ago, resulting in my first and only Negative. It was changed eventually, but it's a horrible feeling.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
hk300 wrote:

A small word of caution - if you're going to leave him Negative Feedback, make sure to ban/block him as a bidder on any items you may be selling. I had a spiteful seller do just this to me a few weeks ago, resulting in my first and only Negative. It was changed eventually, but it's a horrible feeling.

LOL ... i only use this ebay account to buy stuff ...