Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB: M42 Body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: WTB: M42 Body Reply with quote

I'm looking for an M42 body, with or without one of the common lenses.
Having picked up and returned a Chinon Cm-4s with PK-M42 adapter locally in Dublin, I think perhaps it would be wiser for me to enquire to you good people, rather than subject myself to the hawks of the Dublin camera shops once more.

What I do want is:

1. Split prism focusing.

2. Everything in working order (incl meter).

As long as the price is reasonable I'm not too picky about about which body - though like everyone else here I appreciate well built cameras. Very Happy

Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: M42 Body Reply with quote

syscrusher wrote:
Having picked up and returned a Chinon Cm-4s with PK-M42 adapter locally in Dublin, I think perhaps it would be wiser for me to enquire to you good people, rather than subject myself to the hawks of the Dublin camera shops once more.

What I do want is:

1. Split prism focusing.

2. Everything in working order (incl meter).

As long as the price is reasonable I'm not too picky about about which body - though like everyone else here I appreciate well built cameras. Very Happy

Thanks everyone!

I was strolling past a camera shop in the city centre yesterday and ventured in for a peek. Walked out 10 minutes later with a Pentax Spotmatic, Super Takumar 1.4/50, 3.5/135 and 4/150...for the princely sum of €72.00 Wink And all with cases, lens hoods, filters - the guy who sold them earlier in the day could only have got €50.00 as a maximum for his gear...

My biggest gripe with camera shops in Dublin is their attitude and general lack of interest in the like of you and I. They're most likely on commission packages and are focused on selling new kit.

One of the largest shops in the city took umbrage when I asked them to open up the cabinet with the used lenses so I could have a mooch - "you'd be much better off with a new Canon lens. It autofocuses and all for ya. Them old lenses are nothing but trouble..."

Which is exactly why I shall be heading back in there on Saturday to pick up some bargain "trouble" lenses from them Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: M42 Body Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Walked out 10 minutes later with a Pentax Spotmatic, Super Takumar 1.4/50, 3.5/135 and 4/150...for the princely sum of €72.00 Wink And all with cases, lens hoods, filters - the guy who sold them earlier in the day could only have got €50.00 as a maximum for his gear...

Shocked

I never come across a haul like that around Dublin.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: WTB: M42 Body Reply with quote

syscrusher wrote:
Mal1905 wrote:
Walked out 10 minutes later with a Pentax Spotmatic, Super Takumar 1.4/50, 3.5/135 and 4/150...for the princely sum of €72.00 Wink And all with cases, lens hoods, filters - the guy who sold them earlier in the day could only have got €50.00 as a maximum for his gear...

Shocked

Me neither - pure luck, that's all. The guy dropped it in and sold it in the morning, I stopped by later on and bought it.

Best one I've seen was a mate of mine walking past the Enable Ireland shop on Camden Street and picking up a stunning Leica with lenses and leather box for €35.00 Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about half a dozen for you to choose from - I particularly recommend the GAF with a 55mm Yamioka lens...

There's also a Revue 25TL ( a Praktica Super TL in drag) with a nice 50mm f1.8 Practicar, then a Spotmatic SP, with SMC Takumar 50mm or 55mm then....

PM with any detailed wants. I'm clearing the decks here as total cameras had exceeded 91 and lenses 117....

My Ebay ID (Linuxbrit) should give reassurances as to quality...

Doug.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB: M42 Body Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:

Hah. Reminds me of when I had to chop in my first lot of decent gear to fund another, essential, thing - like moving for work. I got less than half of what I paid for it a year previously. It led to me never buying another new camera again - not worth the aggravation.

syscrusher wrote:

Shocked

I wouldn't mind, but there's utterly nothing near me - the photo shops are either shut or gone totally P&S. I'm thinking of putting a wanted ad in the local rag to flush out some interesting stuff.