Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TAIR 11A FOR SALE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: TAIR 11A FOR SALE Reply with quote

KMZ TAIR 11A 2.8/135 M42

Serial # 867853 Cyrillic lettering

Lens + case + 2 Zenit caps + 3 filters (the front cap which is upside down in the pic does have a Zenit logo)

Condition is close to mint - it's hard to find any marks.

Optics clean - with a small amount of dust,

Rings move smoothly - the focusing damping is a little heavy.

Aperture blades are lightly oiled - this is NORMAL.

The built in hood wobbles.

I'm asking 57 GBP + Shipping + 3% Paypal.

Note that this is an "A" lens. The mount can be removed (3 screws) and replaced with the outer ring of a T2 adapter. I have used a Nikon-T2 ring and used the lens on my Nikon camera. In this way infinity focus can be achieved with any extra glass.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm very interested; how much would shipping cost to the US, east coast? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Hi, I'm very interested; how much would shipping cost to the US, east coast? Thanks!

Let me do a practice "pack" and I'll get back to you ~20 min.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:

Packed weight is ~1.25 kg. Insured small packet airmail is 21 GBP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I guess having all those nice accessories adds to the weight... the shipping actually puts it over my budget for this lens (I've been waiting for a deal that would get me it for less than $100US, all inclusive). Thanks, though!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawhead, I suggest you push your budget a little if you don't mind me saying so.
This one is nice and complete. There are few cheaper "in the states" and rarely for sale or as nice.
Unless you wait for a user copy. It will be hard to find a better deal.
This lens is superb for Bokeheads! Wink
20blades, Russian colors, Sharp.....what else can be said Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like F16 said, upping the budget isn't a bad idea to consider. It's a near-bargain at this price, especially with all the accessories and case with everything in such good condition.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aieeeeee, I hear the devil... no, two devils, whispering into my left ear!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this lens is going to put an end to my 135s collection, so might as well Very Happy

I'll take it!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you! Congrats!

Such thoughtful devils Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
OK, this lens is going to put an end to my 135s collection, so might as well Very Happy

I'll take it!!

OK. That's great for me - and for you I hope. I'll pm you with details of my Paypal account. If it's any consolation I'm not making a profit - a little bit of a loss actually. But that's OK - I've enjoyed using it and I now need a few other things.

Andy & Mal - Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite interesting, how many TAIRs were sold in the black hard case. Because majority of TAIRs were sold here in hard cardboard box + soft blue (or purple) case - as original package. These round hard black cases are quite rare here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
It's quite interesting, how many TAIRs were sold in the black hard case. Because majority of TAIRs were sold here in hard cardboard box + soft blue (or purple) case - as original package. These round hard black cases are quite rare here.

This one came from a Ukrainian dealer. I sometimes wonder if there's a warehouse full of these things that someone is slowly - very slowly - allowing onto the market.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very likely for lenses from '80. TAIR-11A, Jupiter-9, Helios-44-3, 44-5, 44-6, 44-7... all of them can be found on ebay from time to time in new condition and larger quantity.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I would just like to say that I received this lens today, which arrived in perfect packaging and in great shape.

So thanks, Sichko! Highly recommendable seller!

It's a beauty, and I really like the feel of it in my left hand. It's a substantial lens, as 135mm lenses go (I should know, I have 7 now), but the balance is perfect mounted on my K20D; not too skinny (but heavy) like the Pentacon, not too light like the Sonnar.

Went out with it today and took a few shots. Yeah, bokeh nicey Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the first shots from this lovely lens - it's one you'll keep coming back to, time after time Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. It's one of the best 135s I've ever used.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Very nice first test shots Reply with quote

Hi Rawhead, The Tair is one of my favorites too... I have had it a bit over a month and it quickly has become the main mount on my K20d. Love the look at F2.8.

I think the Helios 44M and the Tair are really great performers on our K20's.

I did not get the filter kit with mine so I would love to hear about your experience with them. I assume the clear one is a UV?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gus,

Haven't had a chance to shoot with the filters yet; will get back to you when I do!

In the mean time, here's one shot I took recently with the Tair that people over at Flickr seem to like. Hey, is that a hint of 3D there?? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great shot... So you must be liking this one, it still barely leaves my camera although I have have been playing with my Meyer Trioplan for a few days...

I did a mini shoot-out between the vivi 135 2.8 and the Tair and even though the vivitar is really sharp and also has a very nice OOF look to it, there is just something about the Russian 'look' and feel that I love.

I did read somewhere that the UV filter that came with the tair was a desired filter. Hopefully you will get a chance to throw it on.

Since you have more 135's than me, I would love to know how you feel the Tair compares, and if you want you can tell me your fave of the bunch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, interesting about the UV filters, although my understanding is that UV filters make little to no difference with modern digital sensors, which is actually desireable, and the reason why so many people use them as lens protectors more than anything else.

Regarding my fave, it's definitely this Tair-11A; I just find the bokeh quality and wide open sharpness and contrast much better with this than my Pentacon (perhaps my Pentacon isn't the best copy out there). If I wanted a 135 for medium-tele documentary type shooting, where edge-to-edge sharpness is key, then I'd probably pick up the Sonnar.

Gus Helios wrote:
That is a great shot... So you must be liking this one, it still barely leaves my camera although I have have been playing with my Meyer Trioplan for a few days...

I did a mini shoot-out between the vivi 135 2.8 and the Tair and even though the vivitar is really sharp and also has a very nice OOF look to it, there is just something about the Russian 'look' and feel that I love.

I did read somewhere that the UV filter that came with the tair was a desired filter. Hopefully you will get a chance to throw it on.

Since you have more 135's than me, I would love to know how you feel the Tair compares, and if you want you can tell me your fave of the bunch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus Helios wrote:

That's interesting. Did you try to put the Tair UV filter under UV lamp? I did. It shines in green. No other UV filter I tested behaved like this Neutral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Hey Gus,

Haven't had a chance to shoot with the filters yet; will get back to you when I do!

In the mean time, here's one shot I took recently with the Tair that people over at Flickr seem to like. Hey, is that a hint of 3D there?? Very Happy

Simple suberb!!