Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trip to Lisboa, Portugal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Trip to Lisboa, Portugal Reply with quote

Having just come back from a very pleasant 4-day trip to Lisboa (wonderful city with friendly people, good food and wine and lots to see), here are a few pictures I too with the D700 and the Noct 58mm (Yes, I took it with me! Lenses are there to be used and not to be worshipped in a cupboard).

First of all the famous monument of Fernando Pessoa in front of the famous Cafe 'A Brasileira do Chiado':

@1.2, ISO 320, 1/2000s

Next the monument of 16th century poet Antonio Ribeiro Chiado at the same place:

@2.8 ISO 320 1/1600s colours as they came out of the camera

A fish-head, shot through a window at a road-side restaurant:

@2 ISO 320 1/500s

Last edited by madamasu on Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two are rather special.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really beutiful shots. The creamy bokeh of first shot looks like an impressionistic painting of Claude Monnet.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There sure is something special about those Voigtländer lenses with the bokeh and the colors. Beutiful shots!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madamasu

Actually I really liked #3 - the detail is extraordinary. Love Lisboa, spent 9 very happy months there in the 70's.

swappo
I believe the lens is the nikkor legend - and madamasu is right, it often stays in the collector's closet. I see you have the very desirable Voigt 125 - only lens I lust for after my beloved 90/3,5 Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one: meet my wife.

@f2, ISO 320 1/640s

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:

swappo
I believe the lens is the nikkor legend - and madamasu is right, it often stays in the collector's closet. I see you have the very desirable Voigt 125 - only lens I lust for after my beloved 90/3,5 Smile Smile

patrickh

Oh! I have absolutly no clue of the Nikkor lenses but now I've learn something atleast, haha! Cool
I though he meant Voigtländer Nokton 58. Embarassed

Well, pics are still great... the thing I like with the pics are the beutiful colors and softness of the bokeh, pretty much like the Voigtländer SL lenses.
Or am I wrong again? Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swappo

The Noctor is legendary, but mainly for low light use. It is very difficult to master (as madamasu seems to have done). Very very sharp and a unique OOF.

Prices have become intergalactic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

madamasu

1) You are very lucky to have such a patient wife
2) You are very fortunate to have such a lovely model
3) What a lens

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh:

I can surley understand why it's a legend. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrickh wrote:

Quote:

1) You are very lucky to have such a patient wife
2) You are very fortunate to have such a lovely model
3) What a lens

Thank you very much Patrickh. Yes, I also consider myself lucky and fortunate on all three accounts.

Thomas

P.S. The 125mm APO-Lanthar is also an extraordinary lense, and the prices have likewise gone up to incredible levels. Congrats Swappo for having this lense. I wish I could try it out some time.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture I took inside the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos with the Nikkor-N.C 24mm/2.8.

@f8 ISO 320 1/1.3s. Since I didn't carry a tripod with me, I put the camera
on the railing of the balcony.I simply forgot to switch to a higher ISO like 1250, which would have been unproblematical. Stupid me.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots indeed!
I think your perfectly right: lenses must be used and not looked at in a cabinet!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madamasu

Is the 105/2.8 in your sig the micro?

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Patrickh, it isn't. I made a mistake and corrected it. It is the 105mm f 2.5, the well-known portrait lense. I don't do makros, but used the 105/2.8 AF I formerly had for a lot of animal portraits in the Frankfurt Zoo. You can see some of them on my flickr-page.

Thomas

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know which is better, but I certainly love my 105/2.5 - it is such a perfect lens in so many ways. Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats madamasu! this Noktor make unique bokeh even @2.8
the church shot is impressive, the portrait is great
I agree with Patrick you are a lucky man

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to know you liked "my" city. Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two more from the monuments of Pessoa and Chiado in Lisbon, both shot with the Noct at ISO 320 around 8 p.m.

This one is @f2

This one @f 1.2, not sharp, but maybe still worth a look.