Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rosebay willowherbs by Micro-Nikkor 105/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Rosebay willowherbs by Micro-Nikkor 105/4 Reply with quote

Some pictures from last summer. The plant is common willowherb.
In the bug shot I missed the focus somewhat, but I like the feeling. Both shots wide open.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the two lenses missing from my collection, reputed to be one of the sharpest nikkors out there. Nice pair

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Really. Simply beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Patrick and Craig.

@ Patrick - I wouldn´t hurry to buy this one for shooting, if you already have those 55mms and a 105/2.8 and a 200/4. To complete a collection, that´s another story.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
One of the two lenses missing from my collection, reputed to be one of the sharpest nikkors out there. Nice pair

patrickh

Well, I have that one, bit hard to focus at f4. The later f2.8 makes life a bit easier though.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very special shots from color-composition.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Klaus: yes, you´re right about the focusing. Mostly I use the plain matte part of my focusing screen, I have found it to be fastest way.

@Tobias: There were a whole field of willowherbs near our house, the tallest of them were higher than me, and I walked right in the middle to take photos with pink flowers and blue sky all around me. Smile