Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fisrt tests with the EOS 1Ds and the Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Fisrt tests with the EOS 1Ds and the Zeiss Planar 50mm 1.7 Reply with quote

After the initial religious fear to the new gear, and after carefully reading all the manuals and thoroughly washing the shoulder straps, I finally dared to shot some pictures.

I put the C/Y adapter with the Zeiss Planar on it. Results are more than good in terms of technical quality of what is shot. Far away from the previous experiences.

I'm afraid I'm going to simplify my roadmap a lot.

The camera itself, (shot by the DSC-V1)

Quick test shots, Av, f/1.7, Planar:

My usual bokeh test:

Focusing the first plane (zipper):

A 100% crop:

Really promising. Now I've to try the slide duplicator to do "fast scanning" of my slides...

Salud.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, nice indeed! I look forward your fast scanning solution!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Jes, looks like you have a winner!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the magic of high resolution full frame!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the sound of a plan coming together.
Nice results, Jes. Eleven MP is still very respectable even now and 700quid for that and FF is good. What shutter count is on it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, Bill and Carsten:
Thanks for your comments. Smile

Farside wrote:
I hear the sound of a plan coming together.
Nice results, Jes. Eleven MP is still very respectable even now and 700quid for that and FF is good. What shutter count is on it?

Thanks Dave.
Don't know, I suspect that many... (Does someone know how to look at this?).

Anyway I don't shot more than 2.000 or 3.000 shots per year, so I expect to have camera for years...

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice bit of kit at a good price.

With most Canon cameras there is no way to find out what the shutter count is. The frame number tells you nothing as it resets to zero every 10000 activations. I'm not sure if that is also true for the 1Ds