Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

B&W Jupiter 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: B&W Jupiter 9 Reply with quote

Canon 5D
Jupiter 9 at f2.8

Jupiter 9 at f2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #1, her expression and the contrast between sharply defined coat and soft background are nice, and the composition is good.

#2 I find a little strange. The colouring of the bottle draws the eye to it - did you meant to show the bottle as the object of her desires?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic, I like the composition and expression a lot !

There is just too little detail in the face-areas for my tast, ... but that's just a matter of taste...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both a lot!.
Nice bokeh....

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I would have loved to have more detail i their faces, but it was strong sunlight, and I find it very hard to get descent pic in that light.

About the coloured bottle, well I had absolutely no intentions, I just thought it made the pic more alive... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Nice pictures! Reply with quote

Very pleasing to look at - but is the plane of sharpest focus actually behind the face in each photo? In #2 particularly, the frame of the chair seems slightly sharper than the face - but maybe that was deliberate to soften the face a little?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good portraits. I like better the first, good use of the shallow dof: the lady really stands out from the background. In the second one I find a little distracting the oof part in the foreground otherwise would a be good one either. Smile
Marty.