Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunday with Jupiter 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Sunday with Jupiter 9 Reply with quote

I go out shooting every weekend with 2 good buddies of mine. It's really nice to finally have some friends that share my passion!

Jupiter 9
Illinois Wetlands

My buddy Ben

White Pelicans

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Shad,
these are really good photos.
Beautiful landscape, good composition, good catch of the moment.

But I would appreciate them more if you did not push so much the saturation. In my personal opinion, this makes them damage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,
As always I value your opinion!

I tried to emulate Kodachrome with these. I was looking through some old slides from my grandparents and the vivid colors were begging to be copied Laughing I hope that I didnt go overboard with it Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Orio: the saturation is overdone. It does not remind me of Kodachrome at all.

However, they look excellent to me! Please post some larger versions (max. 900px wide) as I'm missing the details...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the pp that you applied?

Very nice pícs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Lightroom 2.0

I increased vividity just a little but placed a gradient over the sky in the landscape and pelican shots. I think just that small boost in vividity put it over the edge as the sky was already amazing.
On the portrait, I only increased the contrast and white balance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it fine Very Happy great shots

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are extra with this over saturation I like them , please post genuine also if possible.

Last edited by Attila on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post untouched files tonight for comparison Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the originals for comparison too. I can see where you're going with the Kodachrome look. the first one, on my monitor anyway, does give the colours that separated look (like you can almost see the layers of colour building up) of a slide on the lightbox.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that they are a touch overdone. The first looks almost HDR(ish)