Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What a Sigma SD-14 can do ... some exotic stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: What a Sigma SD-14 can do ... some exotic stuff Reply with quote

Well, maybe some people know that this camera allows multispectral work (UV+VIS+NIR) if that internal filter it has is unclipped.

Here the "normal" shot:

and here a shot showing UV+VIS+IR using avery special filter, which maps UV->blue, VIS->gree, IR->red

I know it may be a bit too much, since I don't go into the (scientific) details here, so maybe you simply enjoy the "artsy effect" - and no, it is NOT photoshopped!

So in simple terms, not all which looks yellow to us, IS yellow to others (insects etc.) ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting...

I heard, that Foveon with removed dust (IR/UV) filter, allows about 10x shorter exposure times for IR photography, than bodies with fixed IR filter. Do you have similar experience?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unexpected, but very striking.

I tried wearing red and green specs but I just kept bumping into things. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool captures!

no-X wrote:
Very interesting...

I heard, that Foveon with removed dust (IR/UV) filter, allows about 10x shorter exposure times for IR photography, than bodies with fixed IR filter. Do you have similar experience?

I think the answer is yes however....................
You will need to use a 720NM filter to block the lower frequencies.
The filter will be opaque. Focus and composure would need to be done without the filter, then adjust the lens for IR focus, return the filter to the lens and, take the frame.
There is a company called lifepixel.com who can install a 720nm filter over the sensor.
This way the view through the lens is maintained.

I would love to have an only R D1.
RF cameras are perfect for IR shoots Cool