Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extremely boring preset Takumar 200mm f/3.5 shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Extremely boring preset Takumar 200mm f/3.5 shots Reply with quote

I'm sorry, no outstanding pictures tonight Smile

I've never used the preset 200mm f/3.5 Takumar so I thought tonight was the time. Its biggest drawback is the minimum focusing distance of 2,5 meters; this could have been shorter (an extension tube will solve this however).

The worst thing I ran into is that the Canon 5D's back LCD screen is extremely bad. Bad colors, dull and washed out. Virtually unusable to check your pictures on. It's not the LCD brightness, the LCD settings are OK, but maybe I'm just spoiled by the excellent Pentax LCD screens. Oh well...

A nice tip for all of you: taking pictures in the late evening sun can be very rewarding Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to take this bad photos....
I like them ...

I have this lens too my copy is real lemon or I not enough good to use it well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I wish to take this bad photos....
I like them ...

I have this lens too my copy is real lemon or I not enough good to use it well.

I don't know... Maybe the Takumar and your Olympus don't like each other well?

Here are three unprocessed 1:1 crops for you to compare (same shots as above). These are at f/3.5 and f/4.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus is more sensitive for crappy lenses I think reason is smaller sensor. What lens perform superb on Nikon D50 or on film that is not sure perform well on E-1. I think my Takumar is same performer judge on crops.
Your composition, framing, small size did hide pretty successfully weakness of lens.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic
about the time of the day, you break an open door with me Wink I always say that the best time of day to photograph flowers is dusk.

By the way, they look like nice photos to me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COULD YOU PLEASE IMMEDIATELY STOP THAT!!!

It is just no fair to present results like that with ANY lens.... Wink Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #6 especially, call it "rural dutch impressions"

Gerd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawd, I should be this bored...lol Fabulous shots, (as usual).