Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New lens for the Frankengee
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: New lens for the Frankengee Reply with quote

An S.O.L. make - never heard of it, and neither has the LVM. Perhaps a shop brand enlarger lens.
The seller said it had some scratching and haze, but really, it's very little and you don't notice it until the light is quite oblique. A hood will sort that out, I think. What the seller didn't mention is the 14-bladed iris Smile and the lovely click-stopped action. Also, the 44.5mm thread fits the front standard of the Ihagee very nicely.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - it does look like a typical enlarging lens. Could it be French? "Societe Optique L?????????" Mmm, but it's marked in inches - export for UK or USA maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet is a large format camera lens. Older ones tend to be in inches.

Jules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered the focus scale on the front bed matches perfectly with this lens when the 9x12 GG is fitted. Also, there's sufficient free space to add another set of markings for the 4x5 film plane.

Woot!