Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Had a visitor the other day
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Had a visitor the other day Reply with quote

After 6" of fresh snow on Friday, Saturday was bright, sunny, and somewhat warm. I had just gotten an SMC Pentax M 80-200/4.5 so I decided to test it.

My favorite little birds were out, so I watched them for a little while...man are they fast Shocked

(This was at f/8, about 150% crop, USM after resize)

While taking pics of the Chickadees, I heard a tapping sound made by a woodpecker. Looked around for a couple minutes...couldn't see it.

Then I see some motion off to my left. There he is, climbing the tree, tapping with his beak about 30ft up! Too bad I only had 200mm available:

(Same f/8, those streaks are the tree in front. Like 200% crop, USM after resize)

I didn't think I would catch a glimpse of the woodpecker, which is a male Hairy, by the way Smile

This is an ok lens for walking around, not so much for wildlife. At least it got a real-world test Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot ... love the light colors.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tobias! The settings were "default" in Adobe Camera Raw with a slight boost in exposure, and USM after resize.

Very pleasant colors overall from this lens Smile