Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtar colour sample
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Voigtar colour sample Reply with quote

I tried some night shots with the ancient Bessa. Only one shot out of eight was not affected by camera shake - it is not perfect but by shrinking it to about 4MP I think I might just get it past the quality checks on several of the micro stock sites. I'll have a go, as getting them to accept images from a folding camera poses an amusing challenge.

Here is the successful shot, using a 1935 Bessa with an f7.7 Voigtar lens at about f16 for a 20s exposure on Sensia 100.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great night píc. Very nice subject.

Well exposed.

Voigtlander, you are alive yet !!

I think that you can get all the voigtar virtues in this type of pics.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I should admit this, but my exposure meter was a Canon 5D. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
I'm not sure if I should admit this, but my exposure meter was a Canon 5D. Shocked

It's OK. For the circumstances, it was a complex handheld meter, as any gossen. Wink

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, really nice one ! I love lot more than B&W images.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila. There seems to be very little CA and I don't see any image distortion. The colours are a little flat, as expected with an uncoated lens (but Photoshop helps with that). Now I just need to clamp it to a really solid tripod to find out how sharp it is.

So far, it seems that when used with care the Voigtar/Bessa can match the output of a modern point-and-shoot, although it is a lot less flexible to use.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's life in the old dog yet. Only goes to show, it's not what you've got...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that me or the camera you mean? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That image has been accepted for sale on Shutterstock (which has one of the toughest quality control regimes) so the old Bessa is earning its pay.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked This image was beautiful to me ! I am glad it's passed shutter stock. We frequently purchase images from Shutterstock, please let me know your id I am curious for your images.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery-uPaulCowan.html should take you to my portfolio, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I found many beautiful images here ! Congrats!