Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The best $12 I ever spent...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: The best $12 I ever spent... Reply with quote

... I just spent today on a 100% working Epson 3170 flatbed scanner with a full set of 35mm and 120 film and slide adpaters. This should cut down on my developing costs a lot as now I no longer have to order CDs with my developing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, good price!! Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are going to be very pleasantly surprised at the efficacy of the 3170...it will be a fine tool.

And for 12 bucks! Wow!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
You are going to be very pleasantly surprised at the efficacy of the 3170...it will be a fine tool.

And for 12 bucks! Wow!

Well, it WAS a gamble, actually. Goodwill doesn't guarantee any electronics you buy from them will actaully work. So, if it had been broken, I would have spent the money for nothing. Lucky for me, though, it works 100%

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will give you 30 days store credit...but the internet sales are final from most stores.

Still...for $12 it's hard to go wrong Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twelve dollars? Shocked Very Happy Laughing Definitely worth a punt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great price! I bought a 3170 new several years ago, and have been very pleased with the results I've had from scanning both 35mm and 6x6 slides.

You might want to consider picking up a film holder from these guys:

http://www.betterscanning.com/

It wil improve the sharpness of your scans.

Best,

Michael