Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Cold Morning With A 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: A Cold Morning With A 50mm Reply with quote

Trundled down to the canal this morning in temperatures of -8 with the 350D and the Pentacon 50mm f1.8 and here are some of the results

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-8 pretty cold! I like them especially last one!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the quality of light you have captured.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pictures, just goes to show how a cheap, common lens can give excellent results in the right hands. Every picture I've seen from this lens, including mine, has a slightly magenta cast.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Lovely pictures, just goes to show how a cheap, common lens can give excellent results in the right hands. Every picture I've seen from this lens, including mine, has a slightly magenta cast.

I am not saying the lens does not have a cast but I have noticed that these frosty mornings (Well here at least) do have a nice colour tone to them (Almost pink) Maybe shooting Auto WB and JPEG (I have not tried it) would hide those lovely colour tones.
IMO CaptainPenguin also saw this and kept it rather than balancing it out.
Maybe the old Pentacon is a good lens to capture it with, but it is also there with the lenses I have been using.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the last one Very Happy. Pretty nice!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pics, all of them ...

Cheers
Tobias