Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spray Falls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Spray Falls Reply with quote

This waterfall slides right off the high level mountain meadow, and pours into the subalpine realm of Silver Firs.

Revueflex 3003
Super Takumar 28/3.5
Velvia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence can we get a google earth coordination for this beauty Smile
I've downloaded and requested printed versions of the WA guides, it is a really great palace to live but in summer time I guess, floods are sounded scary to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's amazing Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow -- very nice picture !

tf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A master piece!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
Laurence can we get a google earth coordination for this beauty Smile
I've downloaded and requested printed versions of the WA guides, it is a really great palace to live but in summer time I guess, floods are sounded scary to me.

Hello Yalcin! Just go to a map of Mount Rainier National Park, and the falls will be named on the map (Spray Falls), located in the SW corner of the park near Mowich Lake.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo, Trifox and Attila: THANKS for the comments. The falls SIZZLES rather than roars. I like the way it spreads across the rocky ledges.

If I was to print this, I would run a Curves to tone down the brightness of the water at the top of the falls.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Great composition and great place !

[ (I am just wondering/interested: did you do some digital post-processing with the shadow-areas. Especially the (dark)green areas seem to be lightend up, or am I mistaken ? I could imagine this picture even more cracking with a bit more contrast ...) ].

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Hello Yalcin! Just go to a map of Mount Rainier National Park, and the falls will be named on the map (Spray Falls), located in the SW corner of the park near Mowich Lake.

Laurence, I've requested printed guides about WA, Seattle and Olympic Pen. they'll sent me tham and I'll do my homework and will come there ready Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Shocked Great composition and great place !

[ (I am just wondering/interested: did you do some digital post-processing with the shadow-areas. Especially the (dark)green areas seem to be lightend up, or am I mistaken ? I could imagine this picture even more cracking with a bit more contrast ...) ].

Cheers
Tobias

Hi Tobias! Although I don't keep track of image adjustments, I DO know that I gave the green and yellow channels about +12 of saturation. So, the green is showing rather dominantly. Perhaps I should tone that down a little?

I know that you can't make any detailed changes on just a copy, but maybe you could copy the image and do a contrast adjustment to what you might feel is a desirable amount of contrast?

Thanks as always,
Larry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalcinaydin wrote:
Laurence wrote:

Laurence, I've requested printed guides about WA, Seattle and Olympic Pen. they'll sent me tham and I'll do my homework and will come there ready Smile

Yeah, and I need to get my "armchair tour" stuff to you....give me your email address again if you get a chance. Cool