Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angle Finder for Canon - recommendations?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Angle Finder for Canon - recommendations? Reply with quote

I've tried a little macro photography recently with a back-to-front pancolar. I noticed a couple of things I wasn't quite happy with, which I think could be fixed with an angle finder. Firstly, the angle was very uncomforatable - looking down would have been much better. The second thing was that focus would have been better with some magnification (I'm using a film EOS Canon body, with a better focusing screen than the DSLR screens, but not all that good). However, the Canon angle finders are around $AU300 (~EUR150) - rather more than I'm willing to pay. I've found various third-party alternatives on ebay - are these any good?

Alternatively, perhaps I could find an old one from another manufacturer (e.g. Pentax, Olympus...). Which other manufacturers had the same sized eyepiece? Or could I get an adapter?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax Spotmatic angle finder fits the later EOSs, but I don't know about the earlier ones - it probably does, if the eyepieces swap over from film to digi EOSs.
A Pentax L-finder can be had for ~10euros if you keep looking.