Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3 cine lenses(DALLMEYER,LOMO,KODAK)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: 3 cine lenses(DALLMEYER,LOMO,KODAK) Reply with quote

HI~~all
participated in Olympus outdoor photography, just tested my new Conversion of the lenses Arrow

Last edited by emi007 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end!and thanks for looking Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome samples!
Can we see the converted lenses on the body?
I've access to Fuji-TV series fast zooms, is there anybody that has info about their register distances?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tremendous set of pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting conversions.
I prefer the Kodak overall, I find the bokeh of the Dallmeyer and Lomo distracting, but the Dallmeyer colour rendition is better than the Kodak, to my eyes anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all too "harsh" to me, many thanks for sharing this rare seen lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I am still learning here.... What do you mean by harsh Attila?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look background not smooth at all , too busy I like creamy background with a bit soft foreground for portraits. Like all famous portrait lens do.

A good portrait lens has background like this.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/Helios/helios_40_8_5cm_f1_5/Helios_40_1_85mm_f1_5_0023-08.jpg.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of the Kodak, the background bokeh really throws me off. Sharpness and contrast are good, maybe even a bit too much.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
They are all too "harsh" to me....

That's the attraction. I wouldn't want every picture I look at to look like these - but I think that they have a place.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then use these lenses on not so pretty girls, so the eye looks more at the background than the faces.... Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallmeyer renders excellent bokeh, i really love it. But what i'm interested about is the conversion you made, can you please offer more details about it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
With the exception of the Kodak, the background bokeh really throws me off. Sharpness and contrast are good, maybe even a bit too much.

Yes, Kodak is better.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Sorry for harsh to your eyes. Wink

just use the new software are not familiar with " to ums sharp"

I will pay more attention to next time,Thank you for reminding me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look last one in your last post, as Klaus did mention before background bring more attention than your model. I really wish to see these beautiful ladies where they are in center not the background made by lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. I thought so too. And, the Helios has been in my list for quite a long time. As of now I am pretty much settle with Andy's 'Cron 90 (Thanks Andy). I am still barred from buying more lens, family influenced and self imposed! Smile

Back to these cine lens, while they exhibit nice sharpness overall, the color is bit to much for my taste, not to mentioned the 'harsh' bokeh.

emi007, did you do any post processing on these samples? And yes, please post pictures of the conversion, if possible. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it could be the post work going wrong. It will be nice to see unprocessed shots. I still remember some of the shots from your last cine converted lense. They were amazing, at the train station !!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Look last one in your last post, as Klaus did mention before background bring more attention than your model. I really wish to see these beautiful ladies where they are in center not the background made by lenses.

YA~~Attila,I am just opposite with you,

the lenses has many expression,

as your say

"I really wish to see these beautiful ladies where they are in center not the background made by lenses",

if I need, then I will choose to clean or simple background,Right?

But I need that background and with the ladies Like a painting to be able taste of the lenses.

however,What's care about the aesthetic of we want.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi~yalcinaydin
piticu
bawang

I was remount they to M42 and use the Variable Close-UP Focus Ring.

You will understand at have a glance! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emi007 wrote:
Attila wrote:

YA~~Attila,I am just opposite with you,

the lenses has many expression,

as your say

"I really wish to see these beautiful ladies where they are in center not the background made by lenses",

if I need, then I will choose to clean or simple background,Right?

But I need that background and with the ladies Like a painting to be able taste of the lenses.

however,What's care about the aesthetic of we want.

Yes, right. Diversity is very important!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emi007 wrote:
Hi~yalcinaydin
piticu
bawang

I was remount they to M42 and use the Variable Close-UP Focus Ring.

Thank you emi007 Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emi007 wrote:
....use the Variable Close-UP Focus Ring.

Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it. Can you explain what exactly is a Variable Close-Up focus ring? Does it work like a bellow? Or is it more like Accura Focusing tube and Pentax Helicoid Extension Tube like this one Click here to see on Ebay.

Both the Pentax or Accura is very rarely available even on ebay. I have been looking for one. Do you have any alternative suggestion besides bellow?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Look background not smooth at all , too busy I like creamy background with a bit soft foreground for portraits. Like all famous portrait lens do.

A good portrait lens has background like this.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/Helios/helios_40_8_5cm_f1_5/Helios_40_1_85mm_f1_5_0023-08.jpg.html

Hi Attila,
Your thoughts are apprciated I'm sure, but this is purley subjective.( One mans gold is another mans garbage.)
I liked the performance of the Kodak, but I do agree the other photos were a bit distracting. the bokeh was less than pleasing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have right this purely subjective.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
emi007 wrote:
....use the Variable Close-UP Focus Ring.

Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it. Can you explain what exactly is a Variable Close-Up focus ring? Does it work like a bellow? Or is it more like Accura Focusing tube and Pentax Helicoid Extension Tube like this one Click here to see on Ebay.

Both the Pentax or Accura is very rarely available even on ebay. I have been looking for one. Do you have any alternative suggestion besides bellow?

It's like Pentax Helicoid in work.but my "helicoid"is M42x1 made in china Laughing

about 60USD,has another kind of large-scale M52x1 about 70USD Embarassed

you can choose another cheaper way to remove the group of the lens

look the picture for example,about 10~20USD Razz Razz hope these will help

to you.