Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Witch Hazel Leaves - A Color Study
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Witch Hazel Leaves - A Color Study Reply with quote

I had a break from work, so slapped the Industar 50/3.5 and the Tamron SP 70-210 Macro Zoom onto the digicam.

Hope these aren't too many at once. I tried to be "unusual" but it is very difficult when most all the leaves are somewhat the same.

Industar with Komura 2x ISO1600

Tamron 70-210

Tamron 70-210

Industar with stretched Saran Wrap over lens Shocked

Tamron 70-210 with stretched Saran Wrap over lens

Industar with very short extension tube

Falling Leaf with Industar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence

Love the macro - that little industar is a crazy workhorse and delivers extraordinary colors. How did you catch the falling leaf?

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Laurence

Love the macro - that little industar is a crazy workhorse and delivers extraordinary colors. How did you catch the falling leaf?

patrickh

Yeah Patrick, I can't get over just how nice that little runt of a lens is! It certainly holds its own with the big boys! It almost looks like a toy lens...if it was a Zeiss or Leica brand, we would probably extolling the "sweetness" of the lens... Laughing

There a lot of leaves falling, so I parked myself so that they caught the light against the dark trees.

It was actually quite difficult to catch them in the viewfinder, but with some practice, I was able to improve my placement and panning...I probably rattled off about 50 shots trying to do that!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...I probably rattled off about 50 shots trying to do that!

Laurence
You can't do that with film Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Larry
We put in 2 witch hazel trees this spring.
They are sick I think. The leaves are turning black and curling Sad
Yours look like I was expecting for the fall. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks patrick and Andy!

Andy, get some Scott osmocote fertilizer at 19-6-12 or so....the Witch Hazel will be VERY happy come next year! The leaves are certainly "gone" for this year, but the plant itself is probably alright.

By pushing the fertilizer this time of year, the roots will be very healthy for next year, and the nitrogen part of the fertilizer will give you strong flowers about next November.

The flowers smell wonderful...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some incredible stuff ! Shocked Shocked Shocked
What colors, composition, creativity ... no words.

Cheers
Tobias