Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A series with Schneider Xenar 50mm f/2.8 on Pentax K10D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: A series with Schneider Xenar 50mm f/2.8 on Pentax K10D Reply with quote

A bit of a mixed bag to test the Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50mm f/2.8 (M42, Zebra finish, from the Edixa-Reflex). Hope you like them. As always, I used it mainly wide-open (although I have also used f/4 and f/5.6 in a few shots).

And, of course, even in the nicest cities/neighborhoods there are assholes Razz)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice series! Great lighting, love both the Xenar contrast and the colours of the Pentax K10D.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Really nice series! Great lighting, love both the Xenar contrast and the colours of the Pentax K10D.

Thanks Orio! Of course, it helps that most Xenars have a quite deep-lying front element, protecting it from sunlight entering directly into the lens. But the Xenar surprised me, as you can see from the first photos with difficult contrast levels; there is still detail in the dark parts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a 100% crop from photo #8, which was shot wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful lighting, great subjects and nice framing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the sharpness and bokeh, nice shots!.

I love also your funny avatar Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
I love the sharpness and bokeh, nice shots!.

I love also your funny avatar Smile

Jes.

Thanks Attila and Jes.

BTW, my avatar is not photoshopped: it's a giant Asahi Pentax Spotmatic, intended for display in a shop window Smile