Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I got the Legend ! - funny ebay story -
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: I got the Legend ! - funny ebay story - Reply with quote

Hi there !
Somehow I feel that I have to share my luck ... you know that feeling ?
Laughing Laughing

I got SMC PENTAX-A MACRO 1:2.8 100mm .

This is one of the legendary SMC-A primes. It appears only several times a year on ebay. And if it appears, with outrageous prices.

See just now for 1100 $:
http://cgi.ebay.at/Pentax-SMC-A-100-2-8-Macro-5813819-MINTY_W0QQitemZ270280304400QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270280304400&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

I am looking for this lens over a year now, just had a lot of luck this time. A guy, obviously who has no idea about lenses, had this lens in totally different category even described it with "Autofocus lens", which is of course not true. This lens is a manual lens.

I had a bid on it, but somebody elsy got it with a higher bid, I was pissed. After some while I got an ebay-message from the seller, the the byer expected an Autofocus lens, so he didn't want to take it and asked me if I want to have it because I had the second highest bid .

I wrote back that I also expected an Autofocus lens Wink but I am willing to take it for 180 Euro Cool Cool ...

He accepted, and shipped today.

I can' t wait to hold this baby in my hands ... and hope to post some sample soon ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobbs wrote:
the buyer expected an Autofocus lens

Laughing

congrats Tobbs!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lucky you are! Viva human stupidity!! Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy what a crazy story - congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed - a legendary price... Cool

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats.

I hope for you, that you receive it soon.

I am always sceptic against such offers.
Ebay even warns to not do these trades,

...to buy an item, because another buyer didnt want,
and you were 2nd buyer, etc.

regards
Hasan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one Tobbs! Very Happy

Although I generally agree with Hasan on oddball offers.
A legitimate "second chance offer" is totally safe.
I have received some amazing prices this way in the past.

I look forward to your results. Not being a big Tak guy this legend lens is well under my radar Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay warns against scams where some unconnected third party claims to be the seller offering a second chance off-site. But if the seller himself makes the offer through ebay, it is perfectly legitimate and safe. ebay has a tool for the sellers to do so, and the whole thing is handled like any other ebay purchase.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations its always good to be lucky, cos it usually don't happen that much, have a lot of fun with the new toy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done - great story.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

good to know about your warnings. THis ebay seller has good reputation 100%, so I trusted him. I also phoned to him several times, he is a older man from over 60 I guess from hearing.
Hope it's coming soon. Personally I never ever made a bad experienc ewith ebay ...

I will inform you Wink

cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Hi !

good to know about your warnings. THis ebay seller has good reputation 100%, so I trusted him. I also phoned to him several times, he is a older man from over 60 I guess from hearing.
Hope it's coming soon. Personally I never ever made a bad experienc ewith ebay ...

I will inform you Wink

cheers
Tobias

sounds good Smile Good luck and hope that you will show us the lens soon Wink